Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers v3.2
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers v3.2 course is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of BGP, the routing protocol that is one of the underlying foundations of the Internet and new-world technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). This course covers the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, detailed troubleshooting information and hands-on exercises that provide students with the skills needed to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in customer environments. Different service solutions in the curriculum cover BGP network design issues and usage rules for various BGP features preparing students to design and implement efficient, optimal and trouble free BGP networks.
- Configure, monitor and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing
- Apply BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process with minimal impact on BGP route processing
- Relate BGP attributes to influence the route selection process
- Implement the correct BGP configuration to successfully connect the customer’s network to the Internet
- Enable the provider network to behave as a transit autonomous system
- Identify common BGP scaling issues and enable route reflection and confederations as possible solutions to these issues
- Distinguish available BGP tools and features to optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol
- Introduction to BGP
- BGP Session Establishment
- BGP Path Attributes
- BGP Route Processing
- Basic BGP Configuration
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting BGP
- Working with a Transit AS
- Interacting with IBGP and EBGP in a Transit AS
- Forwarding Packets in a Transit AS
- Configuring a Transit AS
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting IBGP in a Transit AS
- Using Multihomed BGP Networks
- Employing AS Path Filters
- Filtering with Prefix Lists
- Using Outbound Route Filtering
- Applying Route Maps as BGP Filters
- Implementing Changes in BGP Policy
- Influencing BGP Route Selection with Weights
- Setting BGP Local Preference
- Using AS-Path Prepending
- Understanding BGP Multi-Exit Discriminator (MED)
- Addressing BGP Communities
- Understanding Customer-to-Provider Connectivity Requirements
- Implementing Customer Connectivity Using Static Routes
- Connecting a Multihomed Customer to a Single Service Provider
- Connecting a Multihomed Customer to Multiple Service Providers
- Scaling IGP and BGP in Service Provider Networks
- Introduction to Route Reflectors
- Designing Networks and Route Reflectors
- Configuring and Monitoring Route Reflectors
- Introducing Confederations
- Configuring and Monitoring Confederations
- Improving BGP Convergence
- Limiting the Number of Prefixes Received from a BGP Neighbor
- Implementing BGP Peer Groups
- Using BGP Route Dampening
Configuring BGP on Cisco RoutersFL-CI-BGP
- Duration: 5 Days
- Delivery Format: Online Training
- Price: ???
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
- Same in-demand topics as instructor-led public and private classes.
- Standalone learning or supplemental reinforcement.
- e-Learning content varies by course and technology.
- View the Self-Paced version of this outline and what is included in the SPVC course.
- Learn more about e-Learning
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page