Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Project Management for Executives, Managers and Leads
Valid through October 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewIn a rapidly changing marketplace, executives must employ everything at their disposal to achieve business results. One of the tools at your disposal is the power of effective project management. Effective project management is much more than low level tools. Instead it is a combination of consistent, repeatable processes and best practices that are vital to increased success rates for all projects. Unless an organization can produce predictable results, time after time, it stands to lose a great deal more than money. Excellence in project management can guarantee the desired results. (Executive Guide to Project Management published by PMI, ©2006)
Project Management for Executives provides executives and project sponsors with an understanding of project management that goes beyond the basic tools involved. This course focuses on the sponsor or executive’s role in project success.
7 Professional Development Units from the Project Management Institute®
- Discover project management that goes beyond the basic tools involved
- Focus on the sponsor or executive’s role in project success
- Senior Managers and Directors
- Project Sponsors
- Corporate Executives
- Anyone interested in project management from an enterprise perspective
- What is a project?
- Project Management Processes vs. Solution Development Lifecycle
- The connection between the corporation strategy and project initiation
- The Project Manager Role
- Who is the project sponsor?
- Common mistakes of the sponsor
- What do project managers want from executives?
- The PMBOK and what it means to executives
- The Triple Constraint and Nine Knowledge Areas of Project Management
- What does it mean to adopt project management in your organization?
- Discuss why initiation is so critical to project success
- Project Charter Development
- Aligning projects to the corporate goals and mission
- Scope Statement Development
- Practical Application Session – Analyze a project scope and the corresponding system request to see the difference between charter and scope.
- Key planning components for the project sponsor
- Myths of project management and planning
- Understanding the schedule
- Communications Planning
- Risk planning and management
- Practical Application Session – Conduct a small project
- Scope Control
- The Triple Constraint and Project Control
- Project Communications
- Closing projects and lessons learned
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page