Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Framework Manager: Design Metadata Models (v11.1.x)
Contains PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This offering provides participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of metadata modeling concepts, and how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using IBM Cognos Framework Manager. Participants will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing of metadata to the web, enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Please refer to course overview
- Knowledge of common industry-standard data structures and design
- Experience with SQL
- Experience gathering requirements and analyzing data
- IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (v11.1.x) (recommended)
Introduction to IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Model data and identifying related data
• Define requirements and modeling strategies
• Overview of IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Create a baseline project
• Extend a model
• Prepare reusable metadataModel for predictable results in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Identify query issues
• Identify reporting traps
• Model virtual star schemas
• Use query subjects, modify relationships, and consolidate metadata using virtual objects
• Create calculations, filter data, and customize metadata for runtime
• Implement a time dimension and specify determinantsModel for presentation in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Create a presentation view
• Examine data source query subject types and stored procedure query subject types
• Specify data security and package security
• Specify object security and dynamic data security
• Create analysis objects
• Manage OLAP data sourcesAdvanced capabilities in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Explore SQL generation and the use of governors
• Examine the use of IBM Cognos SQL and generated SQL for DMR data
• Other query considerations
• Use session parameters, prompt macros, and security macro functions
• Use materialized views, minimize SQL, and enable Dynamic Query Mode (DQM)
• DQM, CQM, caching metadata, query processing, aggregate calculation, and other ways to improve performanceExtended capabilities in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Perform basic maintenance and management on a model
• Remap metadata to another source and import and link additional data sources
• Run scripts to automate or update a model and report on a model
• Segment a project, link a project, and branch a model
• Nest packages and specify package languages and functions
• Explore additional modeling techniques and customize metadata for a multilingual audience
- Duration: 24 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,470.00 SGD
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,320.00 SGD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 365 DAYS TO ACCESS THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
Upon receipt of the Order Confirmation Letter which includes your Enrollment Key (Access code); the course begins its twelve (12) month access period. IMPORTANT!!! If your course provides access to a hands-on lab (Virtual Lab Environment), you will have a specific number of days (typically 30 days) on the remote lab platform to complete your hands-on labs. Do not start your lab until you are ready to use your lab time effectively. Time allotted in the virtual lab environment will be indicated once you apply the enrollment key. The self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system. Note: This does not add additional days to your Lab Environment time frame.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page