Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Framework Manager: Design Metadata Models (V10.2.2)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This four day Accelerated Learning format course, IBM Cognos Framework Manager: Design Metadata Models (V10.2.2), is designed to provide you with introductory to advanced knowledge of metadata modeling concepts, and how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using Framework Manager. You will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing of metadata to the Web, enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
This course is delivered using LearnQuest’s new Accelerated Learning Option!
- Designed to reduce time in the classroom.
- More emphasis on practice, less focus on lecture.
- All traditional course content to support “on-the-job” learning.
- Self-paced course voucher included to further practice or expand knowledge.
*Our expert instructors highlight key topics in a condensed version of the existing content, allowing students more time to practice and ask questions.
*Focus is on the major concepts and features in the instructor-led delivery; the composite course materials, including the self-paced course are included for self-study as needed.
Please refer to the Course Overview for description information.
This advanced course is recommended for developers who design metadata models for use in IBM Cognos BI.
Accelerated Learning format is designed for advanced learners who thrive in a hands-on, engaging learning experience, focused on 'high-use' topics.
- Knowledge of common industry standard data structures and design
- Experience with SQL
- Experience gathering requirements and analyzing data
You should have:
- Identifying common data structures
- Gathering requirements
- Creating a baseline project
- Preparing reusable metadata
- Modeling for predictable results
- Creating calculations and filters
- Implementing a time dimension
- Specifying determinants
- Creating the presentation view
- Working with different query subject types
- Setting security in Framework Manager
- Creating analysis objects
- Managing OLAP data sources
- Modeling maintenance and extensibility
- Optimizing Framework Manager models
- Working in a multi-modeler environment
- Appendix A: Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Appendix B: Advanced generated SQL concepts and complex queries
- Appendix C: Using parameters in Framework Manager
- Appendix D: Employing additional modeling techniques
- Appendix E: Modeling multilingual metadata
- Appendix F: Managing packages in Framework Manager
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our Data Reporting Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page