Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM SPSS Statistics Essentials (V26) - SPVC
Contains: PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course guides students through the fundamentals of using IBM SPSS Statistics for typical data analysis. Students will learn the basics of reading data, data definition, data modification, data analysis, and presentation of analytical results. In addition to the fundamentals, students will learn shortcuts that will help them save time. This course uses the IBM SPSS Statistics Base; one section presents an add-on module, IBM SPSS Custom Tables.
- Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics
- Reading data and defining metadata
- Selecting cases for analyses
- Transforming variables
- Using functions to transform variables
- Setting the unit of analysis
- Merging data files
- Summarizing individual variables
- Describing the relationship between variables
- Creating presentation-ready tables with Custom Tables
- Customizing pivot tables
- Working with syntax
- Controlling the IBM SPSS Statistics environment
• New users of IBM SPSS Statistics
• Users who want to refresh their knowledge about IBM SPSS Statistics
• Anyone who is considering purchasing IBM SPSS Statistics
Knowledge of your business requirements
Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics
• Review basic concepts in IBM SPSS Statistics
• Identify the steps in the research process
• Review basic analyses
• Use Help
Reading data and defining metadata
• Overview of data sources
• Read from text files
• Read data from Microsoft Excel
• Read data from databases
• Define variable properties
Selecting cases for analyses
• Select cases for analyses
• Run analyses for groups
• Apply report authoring styles
• Compute variables
• Recode values of categorical and scale variables
• Create a numeric variable from a string variable
Using functions to transform variables
• Use statistical functions
• Use logical functions
• Use missing value functions
• Use conversion functions
• Use system variables
• Use the Date and Time Wizard
Setting the unit of analysis
• Remove duplicate cases
• Create aggregate datasets
• Restructure datasets
Merging data files
• Add cases from one dataset to another
• Add variables from one dataset to another
• Enrich a dataset with aggregated information
Summarizing individual variables
• Define levels of measurement
• Summarizing categorical variables
• Summarizing scale variables
Describing the relationship between variables
• Choose the appropriate procedure
• Summarize the relationship between categorical variables
• Summarize the relationship between a scale and a categorical variable
Creating presentation-ready tables with Custom Tables
• Identify table layouts
• Create tables for variables with shared categories
• Create tables for multiple response questions
Customizing pivot tables
• Perform Automated Output Modification
• Customize pivot tables
• Use table templates
• Export pivot tables to other applications
Working with syntax
• Use syntax to automate analyses
• Create, edit, and run syntax
• Shortcuts in the Syntax Editor
Controlling the IBM SPSS Statistics environment
• Set options for output
• Set options for variables display
• Set options for default working folders
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,630.00 USD
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 875.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page