Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Report Studio Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (V10.2)
Course materials for this course are available in:??newline?? ??newline??
- English ??newline??
- Spanish (Latin America) ??newline??
- Portuguese (Brazil) ??newline??
The course image is available in English only.??newline?? ??newline??
For the fully translated French course (materials and image), see IBM Cognos Report Studio: Création de rapports-Essentielles V10.2 (Web) Francais (J22F8).??newline?? ??newline??
For the fully translated German course (materials and image), see IBM Cognos Report Studio: Berichtserstellung, Grundlagen V10.2 SPVC (J22G8).??newline?? ??newline??
IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (V10.2) is a three-day, instructor-led course. It is designed for professional report authors to learn report building techniques using relational data models, and methods of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports. Attendees will participate in hands-on demos and workshops that illustrate key concepts while learning how to use the product.
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
This intermediate course is intended for Professional Report Authors.
This offering is intended for professional report authors who have a knowledge of their business requirements, experience using the Windows OS and a web browser
Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Describe IBM Cognos BI and Financial Performance Management
- Describe IBM Cognos BI components
- Describe IBM Cognos BI architecture at a high level
- Define IBM Cognos groups and roles
- Explain how to extend IBM Cognos
Introduction to the Reporting Application
- Examine Report Studio and its interface
- Explore different report types
- Create a simple, sorted, and formatted report
- Explore how data items are added to queries
Create List Reports
- Format, group, and sort list reports
- Describe options for aggregating data
- Create a multi-fact query
- Create a report with repeated data
Focus Reports Using Filters
- Create filters to narrow the focus of reports
- Examine detail and summary filters
- Determine when to apply filters on aggregate data
Create Crosstab Reports
- Format and sort crosstab reports
- Convert a list to a crosstab
- Create crosstabs using unrelated data items
- Create complex crosstabs using drag and drop functionality
Present Data Graphically
- Create charts containing peer and nested items
- Add context to charts
- Create and reuse custom chart palettes
- Present key data in a single dashboard report
Focus Reports Using Prompts
- Identify various prompt types
- Use parameters and prompts to focus data
- Search for prompt items
- Customize prompts to facilitate users' choices
- Navigate between pages
- Display users' prompt selections in the report
Extend Reports Using Calculations
- Create calculations based on data in the data source
- Add run-time information to the reports
- Create expressions using functions
Present Data Using Maps
- Present data using map reports
- Navigate to another level within a map
Use Additional Report Building Techniques
- Reuse objects within the same report
- Share layout components among separate reports
- Discuss report templates
- Add pages to a report
- Choose options to handle reports with no available data
Customize Reports with Conditional Formatting
- Create multi-lingual reports
- Highlight exceptional data
- Show and hide data
- Conditionally render objects in reports
Drill-Through From One Report to Another
- Let users navigate from a specific report to a target report
- Pass parameter values to filter the data in drill-through targets
- Enable users to navigate to related data in IBM Cognos BI
- Parameter-driven drill through vs. dynamic drill through
- Steps to enable drill-through access for a package
- Limit the items that users ca drill through from (set scope)
- Set a measure as the scope
- Drill Through Assistant
Enhance Report Layout
- Force page breaks in reports
- Modify existing report structures
- Apply horizontal formatting
- Specify print options for PDF reports
- Combine data containers displaying data from different queries
- Format data and report objects
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Cognos Badge Program →
- Duration: 2 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,630.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page