Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (V11.1.x)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course provides authors with an introduction to build reports using Cognos Analytics. Techniques to enhance, customize, and manage reports will be explored. Activities will illustrate and reinforce key concepts during this learning opportunity.
- What is IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting?
- Dimensionally modeled relational data
- Use personal data sources and data modules
- Examine list reports
- Aggregate fact data
- Multiple facts and repeated information
- Add repeated information to reports
- Create crosstab reports
- Customize reports with conditional formatting
- Drill-through definitions
- Work with crosstab data
- Create discontinuous crosstab reports
- Create visualization reports
- Focus reports using filters
- Focus reports using prompts
- Use calculations
- Enhance report layout
- Use additional report-building techniques
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using IBM Cognos Analytics as a consumer
What is IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting?
• The Welcome page
• Consume report content
• Interactive filtering
• Working with reportsDimensionally modeled relational dataUse personal data sources and data modules
• Upload personal data
• Upload custom images
• Using navigation paths in a data moduleExamine list reports
• Group data
• Format columns
• Include headers and footersAggregate fact data
• Identify differences in aggregationMultiple facts and repeated information
• Use shared dimensions to create multi-fact queries
• Present repeated informationAdd repeated information to reports
• Create a mailing list reportCreate crosstab reports
• Add measures to a crosstab
• Data sources for a crosstabCreate complex crosstab reports
• Add items as peers
• Create crosstab nodes and crosstab membersWork with crosstab data
• Format, sort, and aggregate a crosstabCreate discontinuous crosstab reportsCreate visualization reports
• Visualization categories
• Customize visualizations
• Client side visualizations
• Enhanced map visualizationsFocus reports using filters
• Create filters to narrow the focus
• Use advanced detail filters
• Apply a filter with aggregation
• Use summary filtersFocus reports using prompts
• Examine parameters and prompts
• Create a parameter for a report item
• Add a prompt page
• Add a prompt item to a report
• Identify a prompt type
• Create a cascading promptUse calculations
• What are calculations?
• Add Date and Time functions
• Add string functions
• Display prompt selections in report titlesCustomize reports with conditional formatting
• Three steps for conditional formatting
• Create a variable
• Assign the variable to a report object
• Format based on the conditional value
• Conditionally render report objectsDrill-through definitions
• Navigate to related dataEnhance report layout
• View the structure of a report
• Use Guided report layout
• Force page breaks
• Create horizontal pagination
• Modify the report structure
• Format objects across reportsUse additional report-building techniques
• Enhance a report design
• Add objects to reports
• Convert a list to a crosstab
• Explore reuse
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Cognos Badge Program →
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,320.00 SGD
- Duration: 24 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 1,709.00 SGD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 365 DAYS TO ACCESS THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
Upon receipt of the Order Confirmation Letter which includes your Enrollment Key (Access code); the course begins its twelve (12) month access period. IMPORTANT!!! If your course provides access to a hands-on lab (Virtual Lab Environment), you will have a specific number of days (typically 30 days) on the remote lab platform to complete your hands-on labs. Do not start your lab until you are ready to use your lab time effectively. Time allotted in the virtual lab environment will be indicated once you apply the enrollment key. The self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system. Note: This does not add additional days to your Lab Environment time frame.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page