Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Analytics - Author Reports with Multidimensional Data (V11.0)
This course is designed to guide report authors in building on their expertise with IBM Cognos Analytics by applying dimensional techniques to reports. Through interactive demonstrations and exercises, participants will learn how to author reports that navigate and manipulate dimensional data structures using the specific dimensional functions and features available in IBM Cognos Analytics.
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
• Compare dimensional and relational data sources
• Understand dimensional concepts and reporting styles
• Create reports using dimensional data items such as members, levels, and hierarchies
• Focus reports using dimensional techniques such as edge filters, slicers, and filter functions
• Navigate dimensional data structures using functions to find related members or comparison time periods
• Create sophisticated measure calculations
• Understand totals and aggregation
• Analyze reports with drill-up and drill-down techniques
• Configure advanced drilling behavior to support complex calculations and dashboard reports
• Set up drill-through access from one data source to another
Report authors working with dimensional data sources.
• IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (v11.0)
• Knowledge of your business requirements
• Knowledge of dimensional data
1. Introduction to Dimensional Concepts
• Identify different data sources and models
• Investigate the OLAP dimensional structure
• Identify dimensional data items and expressions
• Differentiate the IBM Cognos Analytics query language from SQL and MDX
• Differentiate relational and dimensional report authoring styles
2. Introduction to Dimensional Data in Reports
• Work with members
• Identify sets and tuples in IBM Cognos Analytics
3. Dimensional Report Context
• Understand the purpose of report context
• Understand how data is affected by default and root members
4. Focus Your Dimensional Data
• Compare dimensional queries to relational queries
• Explain the importance of filtering dimensional queries
• Evaluate different filtering techniques
• Filter based on dimensions and members
• Filter based on measure values
• Filter using a slicer
5. Calculations and Dimensional Functions
• Use IBM Cognos Analytics dimensional functions to create sets and tuples
• Perform arithmetic operations in OLAP queries
• Identify coercion errors and rules
6. Functions for Navigating Dimensional Hierarchies
• Navigate dimensional data using family functions
7. Relative Functions
• Navigate dimensional data using relative functions
• Navigate dimensional data using relative time functions
8. Advanced Drilling Techniques and Member Sets
• Understand default drill-up and drill-down functionality
• Identify cases when you need to override default drilling behavior
• Configure advanced drilling behavior to support sophisticated use cases
• Define member sets to support advanced drilling
• Define member sets to support functions
9. Set Up Drill-Through Reports
• Navigate from a specific report to a target report
• Drill down to greater detail and then navigate to target report
• Navigate between reports created using different data sources
10. End-to-End Workshop
• Review concepts covered throughout the course
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Cognos Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page