Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
AWS Cloud Financial Management for Builders
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis course is for individuals who seek an understanding of how to manage, optimize, and predict costs as you run workloads on AWS. You learn how to implement architectural best practices, explore cost optimization strategies, and design patterns to help you architect cost-efficient solutions on AWS.
- Duration: 3 days
- Explain the cost of core AWS services
- Determine and predict costs associated with current and future cloud workloads
- Use strategies and best practices to reduce AWS costs
- Use AWS tools to manage, monitor, alert, and optimize your AWS spend
- Apply strategies to monitor service costs and usage
- Implement governance standards, including resource tagging, account structure, provisioning, permissions, and access
- Solutions architects
- Cost-optimization leads
- System administrators
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Architecting on AWS classroom training
- Course introduction
- Introduction to Cloud Financial Management
- Four pillars of Cloud Financial Management
- Tagging resources
- Hands-On Lab: Cost optimization: Control Resource Consumption Using Tagging and AWS Config
- Fundamentals of pricing
- AWS Free Tier
- Volume discounts
- Savings plans and Reserved Instances
- Demonstration: AWS Pricing Calculator
- Understanding AWS invoices
- Reporting and planning
- AWS Cost Explorer
- AWS Budgets
- Demonstration: AWS Billing Console
- Demonstration: AWS Cost Explorer
- Demonstration: Trusted Advisor
- Hands-On Lab: Cost optimization: Deploy Ephemeral Environments Using Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
- Evolution of compute efficiency
- Amazon EC2 right-sizing
- Purchasing options
- Architect for Amazon EC2 Spot Instance
- Impact of software licensing
- Demonstration: Compute Optimizer
- Demonstration: Spot Instance Advisor
- Hands-On Lab: Cost optimization: Right Size Amazon EC2 Instances Using Amazon CloudWatch Metrics
- Data transfer costs
- Understand data costs for different services
- How to triage network costs
- Hands-On Lab: Cost optimization: Reduce Data Transfer Costs Using Amazon CloudFront and Endpoints
- Amazon EBS cost, pricing, and best practices
- Amazon S3 cost, pricing, and best practices
- Amazon EFS cost, pricing, and best practices
- Hands-On Lab: Cost optimization: Reduce Storage Costs Using Amazon S3 Lifecycle Management
- Amazon RDS cost, pricing, and best practices
- Amazon Aurora cost, pricing, and best practices
- Amazon DynamoDB cost, pricing, and best practices
- Amazon ElastiCache cost, pricing, and best practices
- Amazon Redshift cost, pricing, and best practices
- Setting up AWS Organizations
- AWS Systems Manager
- Hands-On Lab: Cost optimization: Reduce Compute Costs Using AWS Instance Scheduler
- Course review
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
- Same in-demand topics as instructor-led public and private classes.
- Standalone learning or supplemental reinforcement.
- e-Learning content varies by course and technology.
- View the Self-Paced version of this outline and what is included in the SPVC course.
- Learn more about e-Learning
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page