Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam Classroom
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) tests the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to manage large installations of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems using Red Hat Satellite server and related technologies.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat Satellite 6.6.
Audience for this exam
- System administrators responsible for managing large enterprise environments
- Red Hat Certified Engineers interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Prerequisites for this exam
- Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or have comparable work experience and skills
- Have taken Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) or have extensive work experience working with Red Hat Satellite server
- Review the exam objectives
Study points for the exam
You should be able to perform these tasks:
- Configure Red Hat Satellite server
- Create and configure organizations and locations
- Create and configure users and roles
- Create and configure Ansible® roles
- Create and configure Ansible variables
- Manage content and software channels
- Synchronize Red Hat Enterprise Linux content
- Configure subscriptions, content, and content views
- Create custom content channels and populate them with software
- Create and configure development life cycles
- Sign an RPM
- Manage systems
- Create activation keys
- Create host group keys
- Configure bare-metal deployments
- Manage Ansible roles
- Import Ansible roles
- Configure Ansible roles
- Manage Ansible variables
- Import Ansible variables from an Ansible role
- Configure an Ansible variable
- Manage clients
- Register an existing client to a Satellite server
- Apply errata to clients
- Install custom software on clients
- Use Satellite server to remotely execute scripts on clients
- Assign an Ansible role to an existing client
- Provision clients
- Provision bare metal and virtual clients using kickstarts
- Use Ansible variables in kickstarts
- Use Ansible roles in kickstarts
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking the Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course to help prepare.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of systems deployment and management skills and knowledge. You will perform a number of systems administration tasks focused on configuring Red Hat Satellite server and then using that system to deploy client systems. You will be evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that you must perform tasks similar to what you perform on the job.
This exam can also be taken virtually as part of our remote testing format. Find out more about remote exams to see if this is the right choice for you.
Recommended next exam or course
We currently offer two exams that cover different versions of Red Hat Satellite:
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX401) based on Red Hat Satellite Server 5 and older
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) based on Red Hat Satellite Server 6 and newer
Make sure that you choose the correct course before enrolling. If you have any questions, please contact one of our training specialists.
2022 RHCP of the Year nominations are closed
Thank you for your nominations! Join us for Red Hat Summit 2022, where we'll announce the winner!
Get ready for your Red Hat remote exam
Learn the best practices for how to prepare for your remote exam with our tips and guidance on setup, system requirements, and more