Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
DASA DevOps Professional Enable And Scale
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThe DASA DevOps Professional Enable & Scale™ certification builds upon DASA DevOps Fundamentals and is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice.
Faster software deployment, increased deployment frequency, and higher change success rate are only some of the visible outcomes of practicing DevOps. Organizations such as Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook are transforming IT by successfully implementing DevOps principles. But you don’t have to be big to be a DevOps leader. Companies large and small, young and old, have smoothly made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
Professionals who understand the value of courage, team building, leadership, and continuous improvement, are one important step closer to tapping into the full benefits of DevOps. Indeed, without a thorough understanding of these four skill areas defined by DASA, forming good DevOps teams and implementing change to great effect may very well remain a mirage.
This 2-day course will help students understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps with the help of theory, pragmatic examples, exercises, interactive group discussions, and role-plays. By the end of this course, students will not only be able to capitalize on the benefits of becoming proficient in the four skill areas but also be able to apply this knowledge for the benefit of their teams and organizations.
- Explain the importance of DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
- Explain why courage, team building, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
- Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
- Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
- Describe how to form good DevOps teams and assess their maturity.
- List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
- Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
- Explain how and why leaders promote a “safe to fail” environment.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
- Automation Architects
- Business Managers
- DevOps Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- Incident and Change Managers
- Integration Specialists
- Network Administrators
- Operations Managers
- Product Owners
- System Administrators
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Course Book
- Group Discussions
- Design Teams:
- Introduction to a DevOps Team
- Characteristics of a DevOps Team
- Boundaries for a DevOps Team
- Build Teams: Creating High Performance Teams
- Feedback: Giving and Taking
- Shared Responsibility and Accountability
- Governance: Governance on Three Levels ; Governance Within a Team ; Governance Between Teams ; Governance Between Organizations
- External Suppliers
- Build Culture:
- Create the Right Environment
- Change the Habitual Behavior
- Fail Fast to Improve
- Maintain the Agile Soil
- Create Purpose:
- Know the Importance of Storytelling
- Define the Purpose of Having a Purpose
- Relate Alignment with Autonomy
- Be a Servant Leader:
- Give Control to the Team
- Inspire and Support the Team
- Make Your Own Leadership Manifesto
- Focus on Success:
- Customer Value and Team Success
- Measure and Steer Value
- Build Courage:
- Importance of Courage
- Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Courage in Relationship with Leadership and Feedback
- Courage at the Team Level
- Dealing with Failure
- Think Different:
- Think Different on a Day-to-day Basis
- During Standups
- Standup from Hell
- 10th Man Rule
- Think Different in an Organized Way
- Open Allocation Time
- Different Aspects of Value:
- Customer Value
- The Different ‘Voices’
- Stakeholder Management:
- Know Your Stakeholders
- Categorize the Stakeholders
- Combining Lean Startup and DevOps:
- The Lean Startup Process
- The Lean Startup Versus Chaos
- Combining the Lean Startup and DevOps
- The Power of Story Mapping:
- Product/Service Development Approaches
- Need for Story Mapping
- Creating Story Maps
- Build Flow:
- Build Optimal Flow
- Multitasking and One Piece Flow
- Little’s Law and Optimization of Process Lead Time
- Valualize Flow
- Flow and Resource Utilization
- Types of Continuous Improvement:
- Radical Change
- Continuous Improvement Tools:
- Kaizen Event
- Value Stream Mapping
- Visual Management
- Daily Standup
- Five Times ‘Why’
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page