Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (v11.0.x)
Valid through October 31, 2022
This offering provides Business and Professional Authors with an introduction to report building techniques using relational data models. Techniques to enhance, customize, and manage professional reports will be explored. Activities will illustrate and reinforce key concepts during this learning opportunity.
This course is one step in the following Learning Journeys:
• What is IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting• Examine dimensionally modelled and dimensional data sources• Examine personal data sources and data modules• Examine List reports• Aggregate measure/fact data• Use shared dimensions to create multi-fact queries• Add repeated information to reports• Create crosstab reports• Create complex crosstab reports• Format, sort, and aggregate data in a crosstab report• Create discontinuous crosstab reports• Create Visualization reports• Add business logic to reports using IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting• Focus reports using filters• Focus reports using prompts• Augment reports using calculations• Extend report functionality in IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting• Customize reports with conditional formatting• Conditionally format one crosstab measure based on another• Drill-through definitions• Enhance the report layout• Use additional report building techniques
• Knowledge of your business requirements• IBM Cognos Analytics for Consumers (v11.0) WBT or equivalent knowledge
What is IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting?
• Create a simple list report
• Create a report from a dimensionally modeled relational data sourceExamine personal data sources and data modules
• Upload personal data
• Upload custom images
• Use navigation paths
• Create a report from a personal data sourceExamine list reports
• Group data in a list
• Format columns in a list
• Include headers and footers in a list
• Enhance a list reportAggregate measure/fact data
• Identify differences in aggregation
• Explore data aggregationUse shared dimensions to create multi-fact queries
• Create a multi-fact query in a list reportAdd repeated information to reports
• Create a mailing list reportCreate crosstab reports
• Add measures to a crosstab
• Data sources for a crosstab
• Create a simple crosstab reportCreate complex crosstab reports
• Add items as peers
• Create crosstab nodes and crosstab members
• Create a complex crosstab reportFormat, sort, and aggregate data in a crosstab
• Sort, format, and aggregate a crosstab reportCreate discontinuous crosstab reports
• Present unrelated items using a discontinuous crosstabCreate a visualization report
• Create and format a visualization report
• Create a report that uses a Map visualization
• Show the same data graphically and numericallyFocus reports using filters
• Apply filters to a report
• Apply a detail filter on fact data in a report
• Apply a summary filter to a reportFocus reports using prompts
• Create a prompt by adding a parameter
• Add a value prompt to a report
• Add a Select & search prompt to a report
• Create a cascading promptAugment reports using calculations
• Add calculations to a report
• Display prompt selections in the report titleCustomize reports with conditional formatting
• Create a multilingual report
• Highlight exceptional data and conditionally render a columnDrill-through definitions
• Let users navigate to related data in IBM Cognos AnalyticsEnhance report layout
• Create a report structured on data items
• Create a condensed list reportUse additional report building techniques
• Section a report and reuse objects within the same report
• Reuse layout components in a different report
• Explore options for reports that contain no data
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Cognos Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page