Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Storage Insights Implementation and Lab Access
Connect, Integrate, and Elevate Grab 20% Off All Middleware Training Courses This Month.
PROMO CODE: MIDDLEWARE20
VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2023
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
IBM Spectrum Control is an integrated data and storage management software that provides monitoring, automation, and analytics for organizations with multiple storage systems, while IBM Storage Insights is a cloud-based service that provides visibility across storage environments to help manage complex storage infrastructures.
This course provides an overview of IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Storage Insights and how these products can help you analyze and manage your storage. This course walks you through the IBM Spectrum Control installation process, then guides you through the basic administrative tasks, including how to add devices, use and configure Probes, set up the Performance Monitor, and employ Tasks. This course also covers how to access IBM Storage Insights services using an IBM ID, install a Data Collector, add a storage system, and explore the graphical interface. You will be able to practice these skills in a set of online exercises. Last, we will demonstrate how IBM Spectrum Control Advanced Analytics can analyze tiers, balance pools, and reclaim and provision storage.
- Summarize the components and uses of IBM Spectrum Control
- Install IBM Spectrum Control
- List the basic administrative tasks in IBM Spectrum Control
- Summarize the fundamentals of IBM Storage Insights
- Connect to Storage Insights and perform simple tasks
- Identify the basic uses of IBM Spectrum Control Advanced Analytics
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include:
- Technical IBM personnel
- Business Partner technical personnel
- IT consultants and architects
This course contains 6 units:
- Unit 1 describes the basic components and uses of IBM Spectrum Control and introduces you to the graphical interface. (10 minutes)
- Unit 2 covers the prerequisites for installing IBM Spectrum Control and walks you through the installation process. (10 minutes)
- Unit 3 demonstrates the basic administrative tasks in IBM Spectrum Control, including how to add devices, use and configure Probes, set up the Performance Monitor, as well as how to view and monitor performance data. (30 minutes)
- Unit 4 covers the fundamentals IBM Storage Insights, including how to install a Data Collector, add a storage system, and explore the graphical interface. (20 minutes)
- Unit 5 provides you with an opportunity to use IBM Storage Insights by completing a series of online exercises. (1 hour)
- Unit 6 demonstrates how IBM Spectrum Control Advanced Analytics can analyze tiers, balance pools, as well as reclaim and provision storage. (20 minutes)
IBM Spectrum Virtualize for the IBM SAN Volume ControllerSNV10DGW
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training (WBT)
- Price: 245.00 USD
IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Advanced Cluster ConceptsSNV10BDGW
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training (WBT)
- Price: 165.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
- Same in-demand topics as instructor-led public and private classes.
- Standalone learning or supplemental reinforcement.
- e-Learning content varies by course and technology.
- View the Self-Paced version of this outline and what is included in the SPVC course.
- Learn more about e-Learning
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 365 DAYS TO ACCESS THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
Upon receipt of the Order Confirmation Letter which includes your Enrollment Key (Access code); the course begins its twelve (12) month access period. IMPORTANT!!! If your course provides access to a hands-on lab (Virtual Lab Environment), you will have a specific number of days (typically 30 days) on the remote lab platform to complete your hands-on labs. Do not start your lab until you are ready to use your lab time effectively. Time allotted in the virtual lab environment will be indicated once you apply the enrollment key. The self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system. Note: This does not add additional days to your Lab Environment time frame.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page