Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Tableau Server Administration (TSA201)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewLearn best practices around Tableau Server installation and configuration in this foundational course geared towards Tableau Server administrators. This course focuses on enterprise governance, security, performance, scalability, and more to help you get the most out of your Tableau deployment.
- Plan a Tableau Server deployment.
- Install and configure Tableau Server.
- Add and manage users.
- Create and implement a functional security model.
- Publish, secure, and certify data sources.
- Publish workbooks.
- Manage extract refreshes, alerts, and subscriptions.
This course is designed for Tableau Server administrators tasked with the installation and configuration of Tableau Server in addition to the implementation, management, or monitoring of sites.
Note: This class is taught using Tableau Server in a Windows server environment.
- Superstore Scenario
- Tableau Blueprint
- Installation Methods
- Installing Server Software
- Post Installation Configuration
- Security Hardening
- Setting Security Features
- Deploying Tableau Desktop
- Server Content Types and Objects
- Searching on Tableau Server
- Importing Users from a CSV
- Changing a User’s Site Role
- Importing Individual AD Users
- Importing AD Groups
- Updating Account Settings
- Reviewing the Server Status Page
- Reviewing the General, Licenses, and Extensions Pages
- Creating and Deleting a Site
- Editing a Project Name and Description
- Adding a Workbook Description
- Viewing Project Permissions
- Removing Permissions on the Default Project
- Comparing Workbook Permissions in Unlocked and Locked Projects
- Creating Functional Local Groups
- Adding Users to Groups
- Creating Projects Using tabcmd
- Setting Permission Rules for Projects Using the UI
- Setting Default Permission Rules for Projects Using the REST API
- Publishing a Data Source with a Live Connection
- Reviewing a Published Data Source in Ask Data Using a Lens
- Creating and Publishing a SQL Extract
- Creating and Publishing an Extract of a Local File
- Automatic Workbook User Filter
- Automatic Data Source User Filter
- Certifying a Data Source
- Publishing Content to a Sandbox Project
- Publishing Content to a Production Project
- Using a Backup to Populate Content
- Viewing Recommended Data Sources
- Viewing Data Source Revision History
- Viewing Workbook Revision History
- Setting Extracts on a Refresh Schedule
- Setting a Data-Driven Alert
- Running an Extract Refresh
- Troubleshooting an Extract Refresh Failure
- Republishing the Local Extract
- Verifying the Resolution of the Extract Refresh Failures
- Subscribing to a View
- Running a Subscription
- Viewing Admin Alert Emails
- Viewing Server Status
- Archiving Log Files from the TSM UI
- Archiving Log Files from the TSM Command Line
- Using Logshark
- Publishing a Repository Data Source
- Creating a Performance Recording
- Automating Daily Backups
- Customizing Tableau Server
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page