Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals (TTD101)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewStart here to learn core Tableau skills in an introductory class. You’ll gain a comprehensive introduction to data analysis and visual design in Tableau. You'll build a range of visualizations – from single worksheets to dashboards – and you'll learn techniques to apply to your own data analysis with Tableau.
- Connect to data and edit a data source.
- Sort, filter, and group data.
- Use the Tableau workspace to create visualizations.
- Build a range of essential chart types for analysis.
- Create basic calculations, including quick table calculations.
- Build interactive dashboards to reveal data insights.
- Describe how to share and publish visualizations.
This course is designed for Tableau beginners. It’s for anyone who works with data, regardless of technical or analytical background. If you’re an author, analyst, designer, data scientist, or admin new to Tableau, start here. This course accommodates authoring in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Cloud, and Tableau Server.
- The Tableau Platform
- Application Terminology
- Visual Cues for Fields
- Understanding Permissions in Tableau
- Navigating a Tableau Site
- Understanding the Tableau Workflow
- Elements of a Visualization
- Getting Started in Tableau
- Tableau File Types and Extensions
- Creating a Live Data Connection
- Saving and Editing a Data Source
- Modifying Data Attributes
- Understanding Changes to Data
- Data Filtering
- Creating Date Filters
- Using Groups
- Creating and Using Hierarchies
- Creating Crosstabs
- Grand Totals, Subtotals, and Changing Aggregation
- Creating Highlight Tables
- Working with Dates in Tableau
- Using Discrete Date Parts and Continuous Date Values
- Using Multiple Measures in a View
- Using Measure Values and Measure Names in a View
- Combined or Shared Axis Charts
- Creating Dual Axis Charts
- Showing Correlations and Outliers with Scatter Plots
- Create a Scatter Plot
- Analyze Using the Highlighter
- Analyze an Outlier Using Explain Data
- Using the Analytics Pane
- Trend Lines and Trend Model
- Reference Lines and Bands
- Mapping in Tableau
- Navigation and Selection in Maps
- Using Calculations in Tableau
- Calculation Types
- Creating and Editing Calculated Fields
- Formula Editor Conventions
- Types of Calculated Fields - Examples
- Calculations and Aggregations
- String Functions
- Split and Custom Split
- Type Conversions
- Date Calculations - Examples
- Table Calculation Overview
- Using Quick Table Calculations
- Using Rank to Show Biggest to Smallest
- Pie Charts and Parts of the Whole
- Creating Tree Maps
- Dashboard Actions
- Publish Your Dashboard Online
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page