Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog v126.96.36.199: Understanding Your Information Assets - SPVC
Valid through August 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course enables students to acquire the skills necessary to use the Information Governance Catalog to analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository. The emphasis is on how metadata gets captured within the repository and how to explore and analyze the metadata it contains.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Please refer to coure overview
This is a basic course for those who will be using IGC to explore and analyze metadata stored within the Information Server Repository.
Those taking this course should have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Familiarity with Information Server products is desirable but not required.
1: Introduction to the Information Governance Catalog Metadata
• Describe and list examples of metadata
• Describe the purpose and uses of the Information Governance Catalog
• List the main functional categories of the Information Governance Catalog
• Describe the IBM Information Server environment and how the Information Governance Catalog is part of it
• Describe the metadata management role of the Information Governance Catalog within Information Server2: Exploring the Information Governance Catalog
• Log into the Information Governance Catalog
• Describe how metadata is organized with the Information Server Repository
• Navigate around the Information Governance Catalog
• Explore the types of metadata assets that can be viewed and analyzed in the Information Governance Catalog3: Capturing metadata assets
• Use Metadata Asset Manager to capture metadata for ODBC data resources, logical models, and BI reports
• Describe DataStage captured metadata, including sequential files and DataStage jobs and job sequences
• Describe how DataStage operational metadata is generated
• Capture DataStage operational metadata4: Search and query
• Explore the metadata hierarchy of assets
• Use the Find capabilities of the Information Governance Catalog
• Create and execute queries5: Data lineage
• Generate an impact analysis graph
• Generate a data lineage graph
• Solve problems using impact analysis and lineage graphs6: Enhancing lineage through extended mappings
• Create extended data assets
• Create extended mappings
• Create a data lineage report involving extended data assets
• Generate business lineage report7: Open Governance Catalog
• Describe Open Governance Catalog and its benefits
•Define new (custom) asset types using the Open Governance Catalog REST API
•Import new (custom) asset types
•Display the flow of data through the new asset type
•Governing and benefiting from new asset types
- Duration: 3 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,700.00 USD
- Duration: 2 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,800.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page