Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Advanced Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics (V26)
This course provides an application-oriented introduction to advanced statistical methods available in IBM SPSS Statistics. Students will review a variety of advanced statistical techniques and discuss situations in which each technique would be used, the assumptions made by each method, how to set up the analysis, and how to interpret the results. This includes a broad range of techniques for predicting variables, as well as methods to cluster variables and cases.
• Introduction to advanced statistical analysis • Grouping variables with Factor Analysis and Principal Components Analysis • Grouping cases with Cluster Analysis • Predicting categorical targets with Nearest Neighbor Analysis • Predicting categorical targets with Discriminant Analysis • Predicting categorical targets with Logistic Regression • Predicting categorical targets with Decision Trees • Introduction to Survival Analysis • Introduction to Generalized Linear Models • Introduction to Linear Mixed Models
IBM SPS Statistics users who want to learn advanced statistical methods to be able to better answer research questions.
- Experience with IBM SPSS Statistics (version 18 or later)
- Knowledge of statistics, either by on the job experience, intermediate-level statistics oriented courses, or completion of the Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics (V26) course.
Introduction to advanced statistical analysis • Taxonomy of models • Overview of supervised models • Overview of models to create natural groupings Grouping variables with Factor Analysis and Principal Components Analysis • Factor Analysis basics • Principal Components basics • Assumptions of Factor Analysis • Key issues in Factor Analysis • Use Factor and component scores Grouping cases with Cluster Analysis • Cluster Analysis basics • Key issues in Cluster Analysis • K-Means Cluster Analysis • Assumptions of K-Means Cluster Analysis • TwoStep Cluster Analysis • Assumptions of TwoStep Cluster Analysis Predicting categorical targets with Nearest Neighbor Analysis • Nearest Neighbors Analysis basics • Key issues in Nearest Neighbor Analysis • Assess model fit Predicting categorical targets with Discriminant Analysis • Discriminant Analysis basics • The Discriminant Analysis model • Assumptions of Discriminant Analysis • Validate the solution Predicting categorical targets with Logistic Regression • Binary Logistic Regression basics • The Binary Logistic Regression model • Multinomial Logistic Regression basics • Assumptions of Logistic Regression procedures • Test hypotheses • ROC curves Predicting categorical targets with Decision Trees • Decision Trees basics • Explore CHAID • Explore C&RT • Compare Decision Trees methods Introduction to Survival Analysis • Survival Analysis basics • Kaplan-Meier Analysis • Assumptions of Kaplan-Meier Analysis • Cox Regression • Assumptions of Cox Regression Introduction to Generalized Linear Models • Generalized Linear Models basics • Available distributions • Available link functions Introduction to Linear Mixed Models • Linear Mixed Models basics • Hierarchical Linear Models • Modeling strategy • Assumptions of Linear Mixed Models
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM SPSS Badge Program →
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,630.00 USD
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 875.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page