Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Contains: PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course is designed to teach modelers how to build a complete model in IBM Planning Analytics using the Architect tool. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, students will learn how to set up and verify dimensions, cubes, and views, manually enter data into these structures, and define the data that users can see. Students will also learn how to transfer data into the IBM Planning Analytics model, including the use of TurboIntegrator scripts to perform data transfer. In addition, the course outlines how to customize drill paths, convert currencies, model for different fiscal requirements, and deploy IBM Planning Analytics applications to the web.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Please refer to course overview.
Understanding of the metrics and drivers of your business
• Significant experience with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (functions, macros, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of OLAP and IBM Planning Analytics
To gain this knowledge, visit the following websites:
• IBM Planning Analytics Learning Center at https://developer.ibm.com/clouddataservices/docs/ibm-planning-analytics/how-to
• IBM Planning Analytics YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYcFhVXoA29v8kSbspLudA/featured
• IBM Planning Analytics Community at https://www.ibm.com/communities/analytics/planning-analytics/
1: Overview of IBM Planning Analytics
• Review financial performance management
• Identify the IBM Planning Analytics position in a performance management system
• Describe the IBM Planning Analytics components and architecture
• Describe TM1 server fundamentals
• Describe fundamental modeling concepts
2: Create dimensions
• Describe cubes and dimensions
• Create dimensions manually
• Edit dimensions
• Create dimensions using TurboIntegrator
3: Build cubes and views
• Describe cubes and data points
• Create cubes
• Construct views of data in cubes
• Create and use a pick list
4: Load and maintain data
• Identify data sources
• Create processes to load data
• Create processes to delete data in a cube
• Create processes to update and maintain the model
5: Add business rules
• Describe a rule
• Construct rules for elements or consolidations
• Use functions in rules
• Optimize rule performance
• Describe rules in a rule worksheet
6: Optimize rule performance
• Describe consolidations and sparsity
• Enhance consolidation performance using SKIPCHECK
• Use FEEDERS to optimize aggregations
• Check the accuracy of rules and feeders
7: Transfer data into the model
• Describe the Advanced tabs in TurboIntegrator
• Load custom data into a cube
• Add a subset to a dimension
• Use logic in scripts
• Export data to ASCII
• Move data between versions
• Construct chores
8: Customize drill paths
• View related data
• Create a drill process
• Create a drill assignment rule
• Edit a drill process
9: Using rules for advanced modeling
• Describe virtual cubes
• List uses for lookup cubes
• Create and use a spread profiles cube
• Implement moving balances in a cube
10: Convert currencies
• Describe currency challenges
• Create a currency dimension
• Create a currency cube
• Create rules for currency conversion
11: Model for different fiscal requirements
• Identify time considerations
• Use discrete time dimensions
• Implement a continuous time dimension model
12: Deploy IBM Planning Analytics applications
• Explain the application types
• Access an IBM Planning Analytics application
• Create a new application
• Set the available clients
• Apply security in the application
• Activate and deactivate an application
Appendix A: Optimize and tune models
• Identify characteristics of large models
• Describe strategies to improve model performance
Appendix B: Identify common data structures
• Identify characteristics of operational and reporting databases
• Discuss Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
• Examine core model design principles
• Identify the basic tasks required to create an IBM Planning Analytics model and deploy it
- Duration: 40 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,975.00 USD
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training (WBT)
- Price: 150.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
- Same in-demand topics as instructor-led public and private classes.
- Standalone learning or supplemental reinforcement.
- IBM SPVC content varies by course but at a minimum always contains a copy of the course materials and 30 day access to labs.
- View the IBM Self-Paced version of this outline and what is included in the SPVC course.
- Learn more about e-Learning
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page