Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Overview of IBM Cognos Analytics (v11.2)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course provides participants with a high-level overview of the IBM Cognos Analytics suite of products and their underlying architecture. They will examine each component as it relates to an Analytics solution. Participants will be shown a range of resources to provide additional information on each product.
- Consume content in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Create reports in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Create dashboards in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Create metadata models in IBM Cognos Analytics
- What's new in Cognos V11.2
- Compare IBM Cognos Analytics and IBM Cognos BI (Optional)
- Explore IBM Cognos Analytics AI capabilities
Multi-role (consumers, business authors, professional authors, developers, administrators, modelers, project managers)
- An understanding of your organization's business intelligence process and reporting needs
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
Unit 1. Introduction to IBM Cognos Analytics
- Describe IBM Cognos Analytics offerings and its position within an Analytics solution
- Describe IBM Cognos Analytics components
- Describe IBM Cognos Analytics at a high level
- Describe IBM Cognos Analytics security at a high level
- Explain how to extend IBM Cognos Analytics
Unit 2. Consume content in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Identify where consumers access IBM Cognos Analytics content
- Use published reports
- Drill through to related data
- Run reports with options
- Specify properties of an entry
Unit 3. Create reports in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Create ad hoc reports and analyze data with IBM Cognos Analytics with Watson
- Create professional reports in IBM Cognos Analytics with Watson
- Import personal data by using Upload Files and Data Modules
Unit 4. Create custom dashboards in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Describe IBM Cognos Analytics Dashboards
- Explore navigation and general functionality
- Create a dashboard from existing content
- Modify an existing dashboard
Unit 5. Create metadata models in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Describe the capabilities and role of IBM Cognos Framework Manager
- Describe Web-based modeling
- Create Data Modules
Unit 6. What's new in Cognos v11.2
- Describe new features in Cognos Analytics
- Describe support for mobile
- Describe new navigation paths
- Describe IBM Carbon user experience
- Describe expanded job options
- Describe enrichment enabled for OLAP
- Describe dashboard enhancements
- Describe home page and content navigator
Unit 7. Compare IBM Cognos Analytics to IBM Cognos BI (Optional)
- Describe new features in Cognos Analytics
- Describe Changes from Cognos BI to Cognos Analytics
- Examine the Legacy option
- Examine Event Studio and its role in Performance Management
- Track initiatives with projects
Unit 8. Explore IBM Cognos Analytics AI Capabilities
- Describe the AI capabilities in Cognos Analytics
- Define the benefits of the embedded AI capabilities in Cognos Analytics
- Explore the AI capabilities in Cognos Analytics
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our Data Reporting Badge Program →
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 432.00 EUR
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,330.00 EUR
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 365 DAYS TO ACCESS THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
Upon receipt of the Order Confirmation Letter which includes your Enrollment Key (Access code); the course begins its twelve (12) month access period. IMPORTANT!!! If your course provides access to a hands-on lab (Virtual Lab Environment), you will have a specific number of days (typically 30 days) on the remote lab platform to complete your hands-on labs. Do not start your lab until you are ready to use your lab time effectively. Time allotted in the virtual lab environment will be indicated once you apply the enrollment key. The self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system. Note: This does not add additional days to your Lab Environment time frame.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page