Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Designing, Implementing, and Managing IBM MQ V9 Clusters
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course prepares you to plan, design, configure, and administer IBM MQ clusters.
After a review of IBM MQ, the course explains the similarities and differences between administration of a cluster and administration of a distributed message IBM MQ environment. You learn cluster specific commands and procedures, and explore the role of a cluster in a highly available IBM MQ infrastructure. You learn how to do a detailed verification of a new cluster configuration, review and identify all resulting components, and troubleshoot problems.
You also learn about cluster administration, workload balancing, security, and use of publish/subscribe clusters. You learn how to recognize when a problem is due to connection authentication, channel authentication, or object authorizations. You also learn about design options such as overlapping clusters and use of clusters with z/OS queue sharing groups. Many of the considerations in this course are based on actual engagement experiences.
- Describe the basic IBM MQ components
- Identify which IBM MQ objects are used to impact routing in a cluster environment
- Identify who in your organization can impact the health of a cluster and the need for adequate communication
- Describe the correct role of a cluster in a highly available IBM MQ infrastructure
- Describe the differences and similarities between administering clustered and non-clustered IBM MQ environments
- Describe how to configure, verify, and troubleshoot an IBM MQ cluster
- Identify the various channels that are present in a cluster environment and how each is created
- Describe how to use separate transmission queues in a clustered queue manager
- Explain how to remove a queue manager from a cluster on a permanent or temporary basis
- Explain IBM MQ connection authentication
- Explain IBM MQ channel authentication
- Describe IBM MQ object authorizations
- Explain how to troubleshoot security challenges in a cluster
- List ways to influence workload balancing in a cluster
- Describe the history and basic components of IBM MQ publish/subscribe
- Explain the considerations and details of implementing publish/subscribe in an IBM MQ clustered environment
- Describe cluster design architectural considerations
- Summarize the benefits of design and configuration simplicity in a cluster implementation
- Explain how to configure overlapping clusters
This course is designed for IBM MQ administrators, architects, application developers, and other professionals who need to understand the design considerations, architectural role, and implementation of IBM MQ clusters
- IBM MQ V9 System Administration (using Windows for labs) (WM153G)
- IBM MQ V9 System Administration (using Linux for labs) (WM154G)
- IBM MQ V8 System Administration for z/OS (WM302G)
Before taking this course, you should have experience with IBM MQ or complete one of the following courses:
You should also have working knowledge of the Windows operating system to run the lab exercises.
- Course introduction
- IBM MQ baseline
- Exercise: Configuring and reviewing base IBM MQ resources
- Before you start
- Understanding and implementing an IBM MQ cluster
- Exercise: Implementing and verifying a cluster, cluster queues, and a cluster gateway
- Cluster administration tasks and commands
- Exercise: Working with cluster administration tasks
- IBM MQ security and clusters
- Exercise: Working with IBM MQ security
- Influencing workload balancing behavior
- Exercise: Working with workload balancing options
- Publish/subscribe and clusters
- Exercise: Configuring a publish/subscribe cluster
- Cluster design considerations
- Exercise: Configuring an overlapping cluster
- Course summary
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM WebSphere Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page