Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Tableau Desktop II: Intermediate (TTD201)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewExpand your Tableau proficiency and differentiate yourself as a power user. Learn more advanced methods for connecting to data, working with calculations, building visualizations, applying analytics such as parameters, and customizing dashboards.
- Combine data from multiple tables using joins, unions, and relationships.
- Use extracts to improve performance.
- Build advanced chart types, including bar-in-bar and bullet graphs.
- Use advanced calculations and table calculations to modify data as needed for analysis.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze data.
- Use parameters and input controls to support audience analysis.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
This course is designed for proficient Tableau users who want to acquire more advanced skills. You should have either completed Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or have at least 3 months of product experience. Before taking this course, you should know how to connect to data, create visualizations using fields on shelves and the Marks card, filter data, sort data, and build a dashboard. Note: This course accommodates authoring in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Cloud, and Tableau Server.
Tableau Desktop II: Intermediate is included in the Tableau Training Pass.
Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals, or at least three months of product experience
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop II: Intermediate
- Using Measure Values and Measure Names in a View
- Working with Dates in Tableau
- Discrete Date Parts and Continuous Date Values
- Permissions in Tableau
- Navigating a Tableau Site
- Data Connections Page
- Physical and Logical Layers
- Connecting to Single- and Multi-table Data Sources
- Migrated Data Sources
- The Data Pane User Interface
- View Data
- Joins (Inner, Left and Right, Full Outer)
- Merging Fields
- Relationship Levels of Detail
- Setting up a Relationship Between Tables
- Joins vs. Relationships
- Creating Relationships Between Tables from Different Databases
- Relationships, Joins, Unions and Blends
- Combining Data Decision Tree
- Using Data Extracts
- Configuring and Running an Extract
- Logical Table vs. Physical Table Extracts
- Understanding Where Calculations Occur
- Creating and Editing Calculated Fields
- Calculations and Aggregations
- Aggregating Dimensions in Calculations
- Join Calculations
- Level of Detail (LOD) Expressions
- Comparing Two Measures (Bar in Bar Chart)
- Comparing Progress Toward a Goal (Bullet Graph)
- Using Reference Lines (2 slides)
- Reference Bands
- Bins and Histograms
- Box and Whisker Plots
- Table Calculation Overview
- Tips for Learning Table Calculations
- Levels of Control
- Table Calculation Scope and Direction
- Table Calculation Specific Dimension
- Other Scope and Direction Options
- Null Values in Table Calculations
- Table Calculations for Statistical Analysis
- Using Parameters
- Parameters and Filters
- Using Parameters with Reference Lines
- Using Sets
- Combined Sets
- In and Out Sets
- Analyze an Outlier Using Explain Data
- Nested Sorting and Context Filters
- Planning Your Dashboard
- Building Your Dashboard
- Add Interactivity with Filters and Actions
- Adding Actions to Your Dashboard
- Additional Dashboard Actions
- Set Actions
- Parameter Actions
- Visual Best Practices
- Add Instructions & Annotations
- Remove Chart Extras
- Publish Your Dashboard Online
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page