Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Tableau Desktop I & II: Accelerated (TTD150)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewRamp up on Tableau Desktop quickly with this unique course that includes curated content from Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals and Tableau Desktop II: Intermediate. You'll learn both foundational and more advanced Tableau skills in a fast-paced, three-day format.
- Connect to data and edit a data source.
- Sort, filter, and group data.
- Use the Tableau workspace to create a range of essential and advanced chart types for analysis.
- Combine data from multiple tables using joins, unions, and relationships.
- Use extracts to improve performance.
- Create basic and more advanced calculations, including table calculations, to modify data as needed for analysis.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze data.
- Use parameters and input controls to support audience analysis.
- Build interactive dashboards to reveal data insights, using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Describe how to share and publish visualizations.
This course provides comprehensive Tableau training for students who thrive in fast-paced classes. If you learn concepts and acquire new technology skills quickly, Tableau Desktop I & II: Accelerated provides an opportunity for you to achieve Tableau competency in a short amount of class time. This course accommodates authoring in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Cloud, and Tableau Server.
- The Tableau Platform
- Application Terminology
- Visual Cues for Fields
- Getting Started in Tableau
- Understanding Permissions in Tableau
- Navigating a Tableau Site
- Tableau File Types and Extensions
- Creating a Live Data Connection
- Saving and Editing a Data Source
- Modifying Data Attributes
- Data Filtering
- Creating Date Filters
- Nested Sorting and Context Filters
- Using Groups
- Creating and Using Hierarchies
- Creating Crosstabs
- Grand Totals, Subtotals, and Changing Aggregation
- Creating Highlight Tables
- Working with Dates in Tableau
- Using Discrete Date Parts and Continuous Date Values
- Using Measure Values and Measure Names in a View
- Combined or Shared Axis Charts
- Creating Dual Axis Charts
- Showing Correlations and Outliers with Scatter Plots
- Create a Scatter Plot
- Analyze Using the Highlighter
- Analyze an Outlier Using Explain Data
- Using the Analytics Pane
- Trend Lines and Trend Model
- Reference Lines and Bands
- Data Connections Page
- Physical and Logical Layers
- Connecting to Single- and Multi-table Data Sources
- Migrated Data Sources
- The Data Pane User Interface
- View Data
- Joins (Inner, Left and Right, Full Outer)
- Merging Fields
- Relationship Levels of Detail
- Setting up a Relationship Between Tables
- Joins vs. Relationships
- Relationships, Joins, Unions and Blends
- Combining Data Decision Tree
- Creating Relationships Between Tables from Different Databases
- Using Data Extracts
- Configuring and Running an Extract
- Logical Table vs. Physical Table Extracts
- Using Calculations in Tableau
- Calculation Types
- Creating and Editing Calculated Fields
- Formula Editor Conventions
- Types of Calculated Fields - Examples
- Calculations and Aggregations
- String Functions
- Split and Custom Split
- Type Conversions
- Date Calculations - Examples
- Join Calculations
- LOD Expressions
- Syntax and Calculation Types
- Table Calculation Overview
- Using Quick Table Calculations
- Pie Charts and Parts of the Whole
- Creating Tree Maps
- Tips for Learning Table Calculations
- Levels of Control
- Table Calculation Scope and Direction
- Table Calculation Specific Dimension
- Other Scope and Direction Options
- Null Values in Table Calculations
- Using Rank to Show Biggest to Smallest
- Table Calculations for Statistical Analysis
- Using Parameters
- Parameters and Filters
- Using Parameters with Reference Lines
- Comparing Two Measures (Bar in Bar Chart)
- Comparing Progress Toward a Goal (Bullet Graph)
- Using Sets
- Combined Sets
- In and Out Sets
- Bins and Histograms
- Box and Whisker Plots
- Planning Your Dashboard
- Building Your Dashboard
- Add Interactivity with Filters and Actions
- Adding Actions to Your Dashboard
- Additional Dashboard Actions
- Set Actions
- Parameter Actions
- Visual Best Practices
- Add Instructions & Annotations
- Remove Chart Extras
- Publish Your Dashboard Online
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page