Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Introduction to Programming with Python
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThough Python® has been in use for nearly thirty years, it has become one of the most popular languages for software development, particularly within the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and web development—all areas in which Python is widely used. Whether you're relatively new to programming, or have experience in other programming languages, this course will provide you with a comprehensive first exposure to the Python programming language that can provide you with a quick start in Python, or as the foundation for further learning.
You will learn elements of the Python 3 language and development strategies by creating a complete program that performs a wide range of operations on a variety of data types, structures, and objects, implements program logic through conditional statements and loops, structures code for reusability through functions, classes, and modules, reads and writes files, and handles error conditions.
- Set up Python and develop a simple application.
- Declare and perform operations on simple data types, including strings, numbers, and dates.
- Declare and perform operations on data structures, including lists, ranges, tuples, dictionaries, and sets.
- Write conditional statements and loops.
- Define and use functions, classes, and modules.
- Manage files and directories through code.
- Deal with exceptions.
Some experience programming in an object-oriented language is helpful, but even if you don't have such experience, this course can be useful to those that are new to programming.
To ensure your success in the course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of personal computer use. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking a course such as one of the following courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
- Set Up the Development Environment
- Write Python Statements
- Create a Python Application
- Prevent Errors
- Process Strings and Integers
- Process Decimals, Floats, and Mixed Number Types
- Process Ordered Data Structures
- Process Unordered Data Structures
- Write a Conditional Statement
- Write a Loop
- Define and Call a Function
- Define and Instantiate a Class
- Import and Use a Module
- Write to a Text File
- Read from a Text File
- Get the Contents of a Directory
- Manage Files and Directories
- Handle Exceptions
- Raise Exceptions
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page