Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Introducing z/OS UNIX System Services
This course describes how open standards are implemented in a z/OS system by z/OS UNIX. UNIX System Services are introduced, and the role of z/OS as a server in the open systems environment is discussed. This is an introductory level course. It provides an overview of z/OS UNIX System Services (usually abbreviated to z/OS UNIX) as seen by the user. Details of installation and implementation for system programmers are not covered in this course.
- Discuss the role of z/OS in an open systems environment
- Identify the basic terms used in z/OS UNIX
- Define the components of z/OS UNIX
- Explain major functions provided in z/OS UNIX
- Discuss opportunities for applications in a z/OS UNIX environment
- Identify z/OS base elements and optional features that make up z/OS UNIX
- Use the two interactive interfaces available to access the services
This intermediate course is for all computer professionals who will use z/OS UNIX.
You should have a basic knowledge of z/OS equivalent to the course An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G).
- Welcome and introduction
- Unit 1. z/OS UNIX overview
- Unit 2. Introduction to z/OS UNIX
- Unit 3. Hierarchical file system
- Unit 4. z/OS UNIX shell and utilities
- Unit 5. z/OS UNIX shell commands
- Unit 6. Working with the shell
- Unit 7. Functions in z/OS UNIX
- Unit 8. Working with the z/OS UNIX environment
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM z/OS Badge Program →
- Duration: 36 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 4,075.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page