Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Data Wrangling with Python
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewData is the new oil, but it comes crude. To do anything meaningful - modeling, visualization, machine learning, for predictive analysis – you first need to wrestle and wrangle with data. Data Wrangling with Python teaches you the essentials that will get you up and running with data wrangling in no time.
For data to be useful and meaningful, it must be curated and refined. Data Wrangling with Python teaches you the core ideas behind these processes and equips you with knowledge of the most popular tools and techniques in the domain.
The course starts with the absolute basics of Python, focusing mainly on data structures. It then delves into the fundamental tools of data wrangling like NumPy and Pandas libraries. You'll explore useful insights into why you should stay away from traditional ways of data cleaning, as done in other languages, and take advantage of the specialized pre-built routines in Python. This combination of Python tips and tricks will also demonstrate how to use the same Python backend and extract/transform data from an array of sources including the Internet, large database vaults, and Excel financial tables. To help you prepare for more challenging scenarios, you'll cover how to handle missing or wrong data, and reformat it based on the requirements from the downstream analytics tool. The course will further help you grasp concepts through real-world examples and datasets.
By the end of this course, you will be confident in using a diverse array of sources to extract, clean, transform, and format your data efficiently.
- Python for Data Wrangling
- Lists, Sets, Strings, Tuples, and Dictionaries
- Advanced Data Structures
- Basic File Operations in Python
- NumPy Arrays
- Pandas DataFrames
- Statistics and Visualization with NumPy and Pandas
- Using NumPy and Pandas to Calculate Basic Descriptive Statistics on the DataFrame
- Subsetting, Filtering, and Grouping
- Detecting Outliers and Handling Missing Values
- Concatenating, Merging, and Joining
- Useful Methods of Pandas
- Reading Data from Different Text-Based (and Non-Text-Based) Sources
- Introduction to BeautifulSoup4 and Web Page Parsing
- Advanced List Comprehension and the zip Function
- Data Formatting
- Basics of Web Scraping and BeautifulSoup libraries
- Reading Data from XML
- Refresher of RDBMS and SQL
- Using an RDBMS (MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQLite)
- Applying Your Knowledge to a Real-life Data Wrangling Task
- An Extension to Data Wrangling
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page