Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog v18.104.22.168: Building the Catalog
Valid through August 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
In this course students learn how the Information Governance Catalog is used to govern information assets through the development of a governance catalog of categories and terms. This catalog documents information assets and governance policies and rules that implement the high-level strategy and objectives of a governance program.
Please refer to course overview
This is a basic course for those who will be using the Information Governance Catalog to develop and implement their information governance strategy.
Those taking this course should have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Familiarity with Information Server products is desirable but not required
1. Introduction to the Information Governance Catalog
• Describe information governance
• Describe how the Information Governance Catalog supports information governance
• Describe the IBM Information Server environment that Information Governance Catalog is a part of
• Describe the governance role of the Information Governance Catalog within Information Server2. Building a Business Glossary
• Describe categories and terms
• Describe the category hierarchy
• Describe the kind of information in categories and terms
• Describe how to create categories and terms3. Governance Policies and Rules
• Describe policies and rules
• Describe the rules hierarchy
• Describe the kind of information in policies and rules
• Describe how to create policies and rules4. Catalog Workflow
• Describe Information Governance Catalog security roles
• Describe Catalog workflow
• Create a new category and mark it for review
• Review a category
• Edit the category based on the reviewer's feedback
• Approve a category
• Publish the Catalog
• IBM InfoSphere Stewardship Center5. Catalog Management
• Restrict access to Catalog content
• Create labels
• Manage stewards
• Create custom attributes
• Import and export a business glossary6. IBM Glossary Anywhere
• Configure IBM Glossary Anywhere
• Search for governance assets using IBM Glossary Anywhere
• Use text capture to search for governance assets7. Information Governance Dashboard (optional)
• Explore the Information Governance Dashboard
• Drilling down in the Cognos charts
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Infosphere Badge Program →
- Duration: 3 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,700.00 USD
- Duration: 2 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,800.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page