Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM InfoSphere Information Server Administrative Tasks V11.5
This course gets those charged with administering Information Server v11.5 and its suite of many products and components started with the basic administrative tasks necessary to support Information Server users and developers.
The course begins with a functional overview of Information Server and the products and components that support these functions. Then it focuses on the basic administrative tasks an Information Server administrator will need to perform including user management, session management, and reporting management tasks. The course covers both the use of Information Server administrative clients such as the Administration Console and Metadata Asset Manager and the use of command line tools such as istool and encrypt.
- List Information Server functional categories and the Information Server products and components that support them
- List and describe the Information Server architectural tiers
- Access Information Server clients, including thin clients using the Information Server Launch Pad, the Information Server Engine clients, and the Information Server Console clients including Information Analyzer and Information Services Director
- Create and configure Information Server users and groups
- Manage Information Server active sessions
- Manage Information Server reporting
- Work with Information Server command-line tools including tools for session administration, user and group management, and encryption
- Use the istool functionality to query, export, and import Information Server Repository assets
This basic course is for those who will be administering Information Server and its product components.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Unit 1: Information Server technical overview
• List the Information Server functional categories
• List the Information Server products and components that support these functional categories
• List the Information Server architectural tiers
Unit 2: Working with Information Server clients
• Use the Information Server Launch Pad to access Information Server thin clients including the Administrative Console, Information Governance Catalog, and Metadata Asset Manager
• Access Information Server Engine Clients including DataStage, QualityStage, FastTrack, and Information Server Manager
• Access Information Server Console Clients including Information Analyzer and Information Services Director
Unit 3: Authentication and suite security
• Configure Suite users and groups
• Configure DataStage credentials for Engine users
Unit 4: Session management
• View a list of active sessions
• View session properties
• Disconnect sessions
• Configure global session properties
Unit 5: Managing reports
• Create and manage report folders
• Create a report
• Run a report
• View report results
Unit 6: Administrative tools
• Session Admin tool
• Directory Command tool
• Encrypt tool
Unit 7: Managing Information Server repository assets
• Use istool to export and import common metadata assets
• Use istool to query information assets
• Use istool to export and import security assets
• Use istool to export and import reporting assets
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 349.00 USD
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 795.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page