Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Workflow Design
Valid through October 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course provides training in using Process Designer to create workflow definitions that can be used either in Case Foundation or Case Manager applications.
- Unit 1: Workflow Design Essentials
- Create a workflow definition using Process Designer.
- Use workflow properties and step parameters in a workflow definition.
- Build simple and complex expressions to calculate property values and direct work.
- Use a variety of step types to build a workflow definition.
- Use subscriptions to launch workflows automatically from an initiating attachment.
- Unit 2: Security
- Inspect workflow system security settings.
- Identify and resolve workflow system security-related issues.
- Configure security for a workflow system.
- Unit 3: Routing Work
- Use conditions to direct the flow of work.
- Create a parallel process in a workflow.
- Create workflow group.
- Define participant voting for a step.
- Define participant voting for a step.
- Use a submap
- Identify system default submaps
- Resolve business process exceptions
- Create a workflow hierarchy
- Unit 4: Control Workflow Progress
- Add milestones and logging to a workflow.
- Establish workflow and step deadlines.
- Control processing times and delays.
- Add checkpoint processing to a workflow.
- Unit 5: External Communication
- Use a DbExecute step in a workflow to integrate with an external database
- Identify Component Integrator concepts and components
- Integrate a CE_Operations component in a workflow
- Integrate a Java component in a workflow
- Invoke a Web Service in a workflow
Workflow authors who are responsible for designing and building workflow definitions in an IBM Case Foundation or IBM Case Manager development environment.
- Familiarity with Windows 2008 operating systems.
- General knowledge of P8 Platform security concepts.
- General workflow terminology:
- Workflow definitions.
- Start a P8 Platform system.
- Familiarity with P8 Platform interfaces, including:
- Administration Console for Content Platform Engine.
- IBM Content Navigator.
- Process Configuration Console.
- Process Designer.
- Process Administrator.
- Process Tracker.
- Recommended training: IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Introduction (F230G).
Before attempting this course, it is recommended that you have the following skills:
- Workflow Design Essentials
- Create a workflow definition
- Configure workflow properties
- Explore workflow step types
- Build expressions
- Launch workflows with subscriptions
- Security overview
- Security configuration
- Routing Work
- Conditional routing
- Parallel processing
- Manage participation
- Work with submaps
- Handle workflow exceptions
- Workflow inheritance
- Control Workflow Progress
- Milestones and logging
- Workflow deadlines
- Timers and delays
- External Communication
- External database integration
- Component integrator architecture
- Using components
- Web services
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page