Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1 - Workflow application deployment
This course trains:
- The skills that are needed to deploy FileNet workflow applications from one environment to another.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Upon completion of this course, participants are able to:
- Understand the process of moving FileNet Workflow applications.
- Prepare for workflow application deployment.
- Export the application assets or extract the application assets from an application package.
- Analyze the impact of the deployment on the destination environment.
- Import the application assets and complete the application deployment.
- Use the FileNet Deployment Manager command line interface.
- Workflow System Administrator responsible for deploying the workflow application into other environments, for example Quality Assurance testing or Production.
- Workflow Author responsible for developing FileNet workflow applications who needs to package the application in preparation for deployment to other environments.
- Anyone who needs to deploy FileNet workflow applications from one environment to another.
- Basic knowledge of organization’s business process applications.
- Basic knowledge of database technology.
- PCs, networks, and their organization’s server operating systems at the expert level
- Prerequisite courses:
- F115G IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2: Implementation and Administration
- F230G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Introduction
- F231G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Configure the workflow system
- F232G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Workflow security
Prior knowledge that is required:
How to move FileNet workflow applications
- Elements of a FileNet workflow application
- Understand the migration and deployment process
- What are the deployment phases?
- What tools are used for application deployment?
Prepare for application deployment
- Assemble deployment instructions.
- Identify the FileNet application artifacts and assets.
- Verify source and destination environment compatibility.
Export the application assets
- Export FileNet P8 domain assets
- Create or update export manifest
- Export assets to a deployment dataset
- Extract the source environment half maps
- Create a deployment package
- Export other IBM and external assets
- Export user interface assets
Convert and analyze the FileNet P8 assets
- Prepare the destination environment
- Extract the destination environment half maps
- Create a source-destination pair definition
- Create the conversion data maps
- Converting assets for import
- Perform a change impact analysis
Import the application assets
- Import pre-requisite assets
- Import FileNet P8 assets
- Import non-FileNet P8 assets
Use the FDM command line interface
- Introduction to the command line interface
- Deployment operations
- Solutions to Exercises.
- Start and Stop System Components.
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page