Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam Individual
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam (EX248) is a performance-based exam that tests your knowledge and skills to install, configure, monitor, manage, and deploy applications to Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP).
A Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration is for system administrators or application developers whose responsibilities include the deployment, implementation, and management of JBoss EAP and its applications.
This exam is based on JBoss EAP 7.
Audience for this exam
IT professionals who want to earn a credential that shows they have the skills and knowledge needed to install, configure, monitor, manage, and deploy applications to Red Hat JBoss EAP:
- Application server systems administrators
- Application administrators
- Application developers
- Deployment managers
- System architects
- Quality assurance engineers
Prerequisites for this exam
Exam candidates should:
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have comparable work experience and skills
- Have taken the Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I (AD248) course or have work experience administering JBoss EAP and applications running on that platform
Study points for the exam
Using JBoss EAP, Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam candidates should be able to accomplish the tasks below without assistance. The tasks have been grouped into categories to assist your preparation.
- Install and manage JBoss EAP
- Install JBoss EAP to a specific location on a system
- Configure minimal security requirements for accessing and managing JBoss EAP
- Access and manage JBoss EAP using the provided tools
- Configure and start a multi-node, multi-server JBoss EAP domain spanning at least two hosts with multiple servers per host
- Configure JBoss EAP domains, hosts and servers
- Create and remove JBoss EAP domains, hosts and servers
- Start, monitor and stop individual JBoss EAP domains, hosts and servers
- Configure Java™ memory usage at the host, server group and server level
- Configure JBoss EAP to support clustered and HA operation
- Configure persistent network bindings for JBoss EAP services (both addresses and ports)
- Configure high-availability clustering using TCP unicast networking
- Secure the communications channels between clustered nodes
- Monitoring and managing JBoss EAP
- Create and restore configuration snapshots
- Configure JBoss EAP logging
- Configuring Java Messaging Service
- Remove, create and configure JMS topics and queues
- Secure access to JMS destinations
- Manage applications
- Select appropriate JBoss EAP server profiles based on application requirements
- Configure DataSources (both XA and non-XA compliant)
- Deploy and undeploy applications
- Deploy and undeploy additional libraries and drivers
- Deploy a web application to the root context
- Configure JBoss Web Connectors
- Tune and configure JBoss EAP web properties as requested
- Configure an SSL encrypted connection
- Configure JBoss EAP security
- Create, modify, and use security domains
- Connect JBoss EAP to specified external security sources such as LDAP and DBMS
- Secure access to JBoss EAP services
What you need to know
Red Hat recommends that candidates earn Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) before attempting this exam, but neither is required. An understanding of core concepts in Java Enterprise Edition is useful, but candidates do not need to be developers nor does this exam involve application development tasks.
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. These objectives apply to both JBoss EAP 7.
Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam is a performance-based evaluation of a candidate's skills and knowledge regarding the administration of enterprise applications based on and using JBoss EAP.
Candidates perform a number of routine system administration tasks and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they must perform on the job.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam is a hands-on, practical exam that lasts 4 hours. Internet access is not provided during the exam. You will not be permitted to bring any hard copy or electronic documentation into the exam. This prohibition includes notes, books, or any other materials. Internet access will be strictly controlled. Documentation that ships with JBoss EAP is available during the exam.
Red Hat reserves the right to make changes to the exam format, including timing and the policies above. Such changes will be made public in advance through revisions to this document.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam environment
You will be working on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 6 system during the exam, so prior experience using Linux or UNIX will be helpful. The purpose of this exam is not to test operating system administration skills, and extensive Linux/UNIX experience is not required. You will have a full desktop environment in which to work, and we will provide a list of basic commands for your reference in addition to the man pages and other documentation that come with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Fedora provides a freely available alternative for you to practice your Linux skills. A Live CD version is available that allows you to work on Fedora without needing to install it on your computer. While it is not an exact match for the environment in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, it is definitely close enough for the level of familiarity required.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I (AD248)
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Self-Paced Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page