Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in API Management exam Individual
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in API Management exam (EX240) tests your ability to create and maintain enterprise APIs using Red Hat® 3scale API Management.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in API Management, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
This exam is based on Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.4.
Audience for this exam
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for managing enterprise APIs using 3scale by Red Hat
- Administrators or architects in a DevOps role who are responsible for managing enterprise APIs using 3scale by Red Hat
Prerequisites for this exam
- Possess hands-on experience with the Red Hat 3scale API Management platform
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam.
Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
You should be able to accomplish these tasks without assistance:
- Access control
- Create and maintain application plans
- Configure limits and pricing rules
- Create and update user accounts
- Configure user credentials
- Send user invitations
- Maintain group memberships
- Configure usage rules and information gathered from users
- Maintain application states and plans
- Monitor usage, averages, and top applications
- Analyze alerts, traffic, and integration errors
- API authentication
- Maintain API credentials
- Configure access tokens
- Provide access control using OpenID Connect, API key, and/or App_ID, App_Key Pair
- Configure SSO integration
- API documentation
- Configure ActiveDocs using OpenAPI standards
- Configure payment gateway
- Configure credit card policies
- Configure billing periods
- Update users billing state
- Configure billing details and invoice items
- Issue, charge, and cancel invoices
- Developer portal
- Customize developer portal
- Configure legal terms
- Configure portal settings
- Service discovery
- Add services from an underlying OpenShift cluster
- Service definition
- Configure methods and metrics
- Service integration
- Configure API gateway to point to private API
- Promote API gateway to staging and production
- Customize service authentication settings and service response
- Create and maintain custom service policies
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Build and Administer APIs with Red Hat 3scale API Management (DO240) to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one's preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for its exam. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
This exam consists of a single section lasting 3 hours and offers a performance-based evaluation of your abilities to create and maintain enterprise APIs using the Red Hat 3scale API Management product. You will perform a number of routine tasks similar to those you would be expected to perform in a production environment, and you will be evaluated on whether you have met specific, objective criteria as outlined in the exam.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 US business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Self-Paced Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page