Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Certified Enterprise Application Developer exam Classroom
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The Red Hat® Certified Enterprise Application Developer exam (EX183) tests if you have a basic understanding of the core enterprise Java APIs that are required to implement modern, stateless business services.
The exam focuses on using the default behavior of the minimal set of JEE APIs that are applicable across all modern Enterprise Java application development environments:
- Using JAX-RS for simple REST create, read/search, update, and delete APIs.
- Using JAAS to secure access to services.
- Using stateless EJBs to provide business logic.
- Using CDI to integrate components.
- Using JMS to send and receive messages.
- Using Bean Validation to ensure data format and consistency.
- Using basic JPA to create, read, update, and delete persistent objects and their relationships.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Enterprise Application Developer. If you choose to continue your learning journey, this credential can also serve as a foundational step on your path toward our highest level of certificationâ€”Red Hat Certified Architect.
This exam is based on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.
Audience for this exam
This course is designed for experienced JSE developers who want to extend and test their knowledge and skills in modern enterprise Java development.
Prerequisites for this exam
This exam has no formal prerequisites but candidates for this exam should:
- Be familiar with using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Have a solid background with JSE, including a knowledge and understanding of the core Java concepts and APIs. For example, Exceptions, Annotations, and the Collections API are all required during the exam.
- Review the Red Hat Certified Enterprise Application Developer exam objectives and ensure that you are comfortable with all of the topics mentioned.
Study points for the exam
Using Red Hat JBoss EAP, you should be able to accomplish the tasks below without assistance. The tasks have been grouped into categories to assist your preparation.
- Bean validation
- Annotate a POJO to enable and set up data validation.
- Use the documentation to find useful standard validators.
- JPA mapping
- Annotate a POJO to map it to its persistent state representation in the database.
- Apply basic property mapping and be able to use the documentation to identify correct property annotations (e.g., @Temporal).
- Map a bidirectional OneToMany relationship between two entities, including both sides of the association.
- Understand default fetching behavior and be able to override the fetching strategy per association.
- JPA query
- Implement basic JPA queries using named parameters.
- Create and use a named query.
- Use a query to eager fetch an association.
- Understand point-to-point vs. publish/subscribe models.
- Understand JMS queues, topics, and connection factories.
- Understand and use the javax.jms.MessageListener interface.
- Implement a message-driven bean.
- Use the @MessageDriven and @ActivationConfigProperty annotations.
- REST services with JAX-RS
- Understand REST concepts, particularly the application and use of the HTTP PUT, DELETE, GET, and POST methods.
- Know and use standard HTTP return codes.
- Implement RESTful Root resource class.
- Expose a REST service using JAX-RS.
- Demonstrate ability to define @Path.
- Understand and use @Produce and @Consume.
- Be able to both consume and produce xml- and jso-formatted content using JAX-RS.
- Understand basic JAAS terms and concepts.
- Understand the JAAS authentication details that will be provided to you.
- Secure server-side services (REST services and EJBs) using JAAS annotations.
- Understand contextual scopes.
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (AD183) to help prepare for EX183. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
The EX183 exam is a hands-on, practical exam that requires you to undertake real-world development tasks. Internet access is not provided during the exam, and you will not be permitted to bring any hard copy or electronic documentation into the exam. This prohibition includes notes, books, or any other materials. Documentation that ships with JBoss EAP is available during the exam.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Recommended next exam or course
- Introduction to OpenShift Applications (DO101)
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Self-Paced Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page