Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
z/OS Management Facility Implementation and Use
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to install and customize IBM z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF) 2.3, and use the functions and features provided by z/OSMF.
IBM z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF) is a product for z/OS that will simplify, optimize, and modernize the z/OS system programmer experience.
z/OSMF delivers solutions in a task-oriented, web browser-based user interface with integrated user assistance.
In this course, we introduce z/OS Management Facility and its architecture; and describe the components that are necessary to run z/OSMF on z/OS.
In this course, you will also learn the installation and customization of z/OS Management Facility, and will customize several system components to exploit the following z/OSMF functions:
- z/OSMF Software Management Manager
- Capacity Provisioning
- Classic (ISPF) Interface
- Incident Log
- Configuration Assistant for the z/OS Communications Server
- Workload Management
- System Status, Resource Monitoring
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
- Describe the purpose and benefit of z/OS Management Facility
- Describe the functions provided by z/OS Management Facility
- Describe the technical overview of z/OSMF features and architecture
- Describe the z/OSMF client and server operating environment
- Describe the systems management tasks and updates with every release
- Indicate list of publications and references
- Describe ordering and installing the z/OSMF software (code)
- Using ServerPac or SMP/E
- Describe setup and configuration overall process:
- Configure z/OS prerequisites for plug-ins
- Configure z/OSMF
- Explain any migration issues or concerns
- Describe the details of each function, updated for each release ofz/OSMF
- Understand the detailed examples of how to use the z/OSMF features
- Describe the z/OSMF tasks (and release of z/OS and z/OSMF that was introduced)
- Manage the z/OSMF Administration:
- Adding users, defining roles, new SAF-based authorization
- Customize Welcome screen, add Links
This intermediate course is intended for experienced system programmers and subsystem administrators responsible for installing and implementing z/OSMF in their enterprise.
The students must have basic knowledge of z/OS UNIX System Services (USS), and the skills normally required to install a z/OS product using SMP/E and batch jobs to update system data sets.
RACF knowledge is useful, as well as WebSphere 8.5 Liberty profile for z/OS.
You should have a good knowledge of z/OS at the level of a z/OS system programmer, acquired on the job or through the z/OS curriculum, including skills required to install and customize z/OS UNIX applications.
If the above prerequisites are not met, then the courses listed in the Curriculum are recommended.
- Unit 1: z/OS Management Facility: Overview
- Unit 2: z/OS Management Facility: Implementation and configuration
- Exercise 1: z/OSMF planning and prerequisites
- Exercise 1:z/OSMF planning and prerequisites (continued)
- Exercise 2: z/OS Management Facility configuration and setup
- Unit 3: z/OS Management Facility: Usage
- Exercise 3: z/OS Management Facility post-configuration and administration
- Unit 3: z/OS Management Facility: Usage (continued)
- Exercise 4: z/OS Management Facility exploitation
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page