Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Java Development for Secure Systems
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis Java Development for Secure Systems course is designed to provide students with a broad range of challenges and techniques that make up “Java security.” Secure coding practice for Java incorporates techniques for Java SE and Java EE, and increasingly EE applications are using SE techniques such as policy files and JAAS authentication. This course spends some time on each platform, so that students will be exposed to SE basics such as access controller, permissions, and policies; and also traditional EE techniques such as web-security declarations and the EJB authorization model. Best-practice chapters wrap up coverage of each platform.
The course emphasizes hands-on exercise, and students will spend more than half of their classroom time solving specific security problems. Most labs are organized as scenarios in which a security breach of existing software is possible - students begin by hacking the system in some way. Then the work of the lab is to tighten up the software to eliminate the threat: set a secure policy, sign a file, clean up overexposed parts of an API, require user login, etc.
- Design and implement security policies for Java applications, servers, and components.
- Manage keys and certificates for a Java application, and sign code sources as necessary.
- Practice secure design and coding, and balance usability with security in UI and API.
- Sign and verify application data and messages using the JCA, and encrypt/decrypt using the JCE.
- Incorporate JAAS authentication into an application.
- Implement a JAAS LoginModule to connect to your own application data.
- Secure Java EE applications by URL and role, and integrate JAAS authentication.
- Avoid common pitfalls of Java web applications, including SQL injection and cross-site-scripting attacks.
- Java programmers
- Solid Java programming experience
- Some knowledge of Java EE architecture and development (recommended)
- Holistic Security Practices
- Threats to the User
- The Class Loader and Bytecode Verifier
- System Classes and the Core API
- SecurityManager and AccessController
- Configuring Java SE Security
- Dynamic Policies
- Privileged Actions
- Encryption and Digital Signature
- Keys and Certificates
- Certificate Authorities
- The KeyStore API
- Signing JARs
- Signed CodeSources
- Additional Policy Semantics
- Code Injection
- Final Classes and Methods
- Singletons, Factories, and Flyweights
- Methods, Collections, and Data Hiding
- Sealing JARs
- Code Obfuscation
- Object Serialization
- Threats to Identity and Privacy
- The Java Cryptography Extensions
- The Signature Class
- The Java Cryptography Extensions
- SecretKeys and KeyGenerator
- The Cipher Class
- Dangerous Practices
- HTTP and JSSE
- Pluggable Authentication Logic
- Packages and Interfaces
- Subjects and Principals
- ANDs and ORs
- Impersonation Methods
- Permissions for JAAS Use
- LoginContext and LoginModule
- Configuring JAAS
- CallbackHandler and Callbacks
- Implementing a JAAS Client
- Implementing a LoginModule
- Java EE Servers as Code Hosts
- Tomcat Security Configuration
- Declaring Roles
- Securing URLs
- HTTP Authentication Schemes
- Securing EJBs
- Programmatic Security
- JAAS in Java EE
- Realms and LoginModules
- JAAS in Tomcat
- Certifying a Java EE Application
- HTTPS Configuration
- Presentation-Tier Vulnerabilities
- User Accounts
- MVC and Security
- Validating User Input
- SQL Injection
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Reflected XSS
- Defeating XSS
- Penetration Testing
- Error Handling and Information Leakage
- Logging and Auditing
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page