Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Mastering Test-Driven Development using JUnit
Valid through August 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis Mastering Test-Driven Development using JUnit course is designed to provide students with a five-day, comprehensive hands-on test-driven development / JUnit / TDD training course geared for developers who need to get up and running with essential Test-driven development programming skills, using JUnit and various open-source testing frameworks. Throughout the course students learn the best practices for writing great programs in Java, using test-driven development techniques. This comprehensive course also covers essential TDD topics and skills.
Students who attend Mastering Test-Driven Development using JUnit will leave the course armed with the skills they require to develop solid Java programs, using sound coding testing techniques and best coding practices. This course quickly introduces developers to the features of JUnit and educates them regarding JUnit’s strengths and weaknesses.
The following JUnit-based testing frameworks are examined:
- JUnit 4.x
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
- Test basic Java functionality
- Test web-functionality implemented in JEE
- Use mocks for needed resources
- Replace mocks and test database operations
- Integrate the layers of the application using Spring and testing as they progress
- Understand JUnit.
- Understand and use the JUnit Test Runner interface.
- Use JUnit to drive the implementation of Java code.
- Test applications using native IDE support.
- Use best practices and patterns for test development.
- Understand JUnit’s strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the role of debugging when done in conjunction with tests.
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the TDD using Java, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand how JUnit affects your perspective on development and increases your focus on a task.
- Learn good JUnit coding style.
- Create well structured JUnit programs.
- Compile and execute programs using JUnit, jWebUnit, and DBUnit using the IDE of your choice.
- How to extend testing with mock objects using EasyMock.
- Look at refactoring techniques available to make code as reusable/robust as possible.
- Discuss various testing techniques.
- This is an intermediate-to-advanced level Java course, designed for developers who wish to get up and running on test-driven development immediately. Attendees should be familiar with Java and object-oriented technologies. Real world programming experience is a must.
- OO Java Development experience
- JEE for Web Application Development experience
- TEST, code, refactor, repeat
- THE ROI of TDD
- JUNIT overview
- HOW JUnit works
- LAUNCHING tests
- TEST suites
- JUNIT test fixture
- TEST execution cycle
- CHECKING for exceptions
- USING timeouts
- ABOUT hamcrest
- THE hamcrest matcher framework
- HAMCREST matchers
- INJECTING the parameters
- SETTING the parameters
- TEST execution cycle
- WRITING theory enabled tests
- DEFINING DataPoints
- DEFINING theories
- “GOOD” tests
- BAD smells
- WHITE-BOX unit testing
- WHY we use test dummies
- MOCK objects
- WORKING with mock objects
- USING mocks with the user interface
- MOCK object strategies
- EASYMOCK description and features
- EASYMOCK object lifecycle
- CREATE/expect phase
- REPLAY/verify phase
- MOCKING complex objects
- EASYMOCK howto
- STATE-based vs. INTERACTION-based testing
- STATE-based testing
- INTERACTION-based testing
- PROS and cons of each
- REFACTORING overview
- REFACTORING and testing
- REFACTORING to design patterns
- NAME conventions
- DATABASE testing: dbunit
- ISSUES related to database testing
- PERSISTENCE mechanisms
- JUNIT and Ant
- THE Ant Junit tag
- RUNNING Junit tests from Ant
- GENERATING a JUnitReport
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page