Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Migrating to Java 8
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis Migrating to Java 8 course is designed to provide students with knowledge of new language features in Java 7 and Java 8 -- and more importantly illustrates best programming practices as they've been affected by these new features. This is an accelerated course that assumes long experience with earlier versions of Java. Students will leave familiar with various new bits of syntax, and also with an understanding of the exciting new options they have for API design and general-purpose Java 8 coding.
- Take advantage of Java-7 features including strings in switch/case and auto-selection of type parameters for generics.
- Use 'try-with-resources' for simpler cleanup.
- Use Java as a functional language, making appropriate choices of tools including inner classes, functional interfaces, method references, and lambda expressions.
- Use the Stream API for efficient processing of data sets.
- Use the Time API to manage local dates and times effectively
- Java programmers
- Solid experience with Java programming at the Java-5 or 6 level
- Binary Literals
- Integer Literals with Underscores
- String Types in switch/case
- Auto-Detection of Type Parameters
- Multiple Exceptions in catch
- Passing Behavior as a Parameter
- Inner Classes
- Functional Interfaces
- Built-In Functional Interfaces
- Lambda Expressions
- Scope and Visibility
- Deferred Execution
- Method References
- Creational Methods
- Designing for Functional Programming
- Default Methods
- The Stream Processing Model
- Relationship to Collections
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Iterating, Filtering, and Mapping
- Primitive-Type Streams
- Aggregate Functions and Statistics
- Generating, Limiting, and Reducing
- Finding and Matching
- Flattening and Traversing
- Sequential vs. Parallel Processing
- A History of Time ... in Java
- Limitations of Date and Calendar
- The Time API
- Temporal Types
- Accessors and Adjusters
- Decomposition Into Fields
- Date Arithmetic
- Managing Precision
- Duration and Period
- Time Zones and Offsets
- Converting Between Time Zones
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page