Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
DB2 Visual Explain for SQL Application Performance Analysis
OverviewThis course provides students a brief overview of DB2 SQL performance considerations, including establishing goals for Application SQL performance. Students explore the capabilities of Visual Explain that are beyond those of the Explain Plan SQL statement – Filter Factor analysis, Stage1 and Stage2 analysis, number of rows returned.
The Visual Explain performance analysis capabilities are used to explore several SQL statements to illustrate the major DB2 data accesses - Table Space scans, Non-Matching and Matching Index scans, Index only access, and understanding sort impact. Extensive, guided workshop sessions give additional insights into performance analysis using Visual Explain. One workshop improves the performance of SQL statements via rewriting them.
- Examine Application performance goals
- Explain the additional capabilities of Visual Explain that are beyond those of the Explain Plan SQL statement – Filter Factor analysis, Stage1 and Stage2 analysis, number of rows returned
- Discover DB2 SQL Access Paths and Filter Factors using Visual Explain
- Predict Stage 1 (early) or Stage 2 (late) using Visual Explain
- Discover if DB2 SQL access is Table Space (TS) scan, Matching Index (MIS) scan, Non-Matching Index (NMIS) access or Index Only access using Visual Explain
- Verify the validity of the number of rows returned Visual Explain
- Develop a list of Tuning Tips for DB2 SQL Developers
- Experienced Data Processing Personnel
- Previous or extensive experience using DB2 SQL
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page