Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
DB2 10 for z/OS Utilities for Database Administrators
This course is designed to teach you advanced topics about DB2 for z/OS utilities. It is assumed that you attended course DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831) so that you already have basic skills about the main utilities. Recovery-oriented topics are not part of this course, so such utility functions are not presented.
- Use RUNSTATS to accelerate the performance of a given SQL access
- Employ DSN1COPY, REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE for DBA tasks which are not recovery-oriented
- Use parallel index build with the LOAD, REORG and REBUILD INDEX utilities
- Load partitions in parallel
- Determine the appropriate LOAD options to use while considering concurrency and performance requirements
- Choose appropriate options with REORG and UNLOAD to achieve optimal performance and availability
- Provide appropriate LISTDEF, TEMPLATE, and OPTIONS utility control statements for use in DB2 utilities
Please refer to course overview.
- DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV830) or DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831), or have attained a similar level of knowledge
You should have attended course:
- (CV831) utilities review
- RUNSTATS, DSN1COPY,REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE
- LOAD and REBUILD INDEX performance and availability
- Online CHECK DATA
- REORG performance and availability
- UNLOAD performance and availability
- Generic utility jobs (LISTDEF and TEMPLATE)
- Appendix: Clone tables
The course includes extensive machine exercises.
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Db2 Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page