Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IMS Logical Relationships
Learn how to successfully implement and tune Information Management System (IMS) databases with IMS logical relationships. Examine in detail the various pointer options. Practice these skills in intensive machine-lab exercises.
- Code the DBDs and PSBs for databases involved in logical relationships, including those using recursive data structures
- Use IMS utilities to load and reorganize logically related databases
- Choose logical relationship update rules based upon application processing requirements
- Identify DBD coding parameters that are critical to the performance of logically related databases
- Interpret the results of logical relationship implementation choices using the reports provided by the IMS Monitor
People responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, or tuning IMS databases using logical relationships.
- • Use TSO/ISPF or PDF
- • Demonstrate basic knowledge of:
- OS/VS Job Control Language
- VSAM access methods service utilities
- DL/I application programming techniques
- Describe the characteristics and storage format of HISAM, HIDAM and HDAM databases and code their DBDs
- Understand the IMS DB Monitor and use its reports to resolve database performance concerns
- IMS Physical Organization of Databases Workshop (CM22)
- IMS Database Performance and Tuning Workshop (CM30)
You should have at least four months of experience using IMS and should be able to:
These skills can be developed by attending:
- Introduction to Logical Relationships
- Unidirectional Logical Relationships
- Unidirectional Logical Data Structures
- Bidirectional Logical Relationships
- Bidirectional Logical Data Structures
- Database Load and Reorganization
- Recursive Structures
- ISRT Rules and Exercise
- Logical Relationship Performance
- Logical Relationship Tuning
- Design and Change Considerations
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page