Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Essential Skills for the Business Analyst
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThe business analyst role has evolved to that of a business liaison between the non-technical user community and the technical solution providers. Through communications and requirements elicitation processes participants will learn fundamental techniques designed to help business analysts gather, understand and document business requirements. This course presents a comprehensive, reusable process for developing business requirements using multiple techniques. Industry best practices and structured analysis techniques are combined with proven modeling methods and critical thinking skills throughout the session.
- New business analysts
- Experienced business analysts looking to update their skills and understanding of their role
- Project managers who incorporate business analysis roles in their projects
- Managers that have business analysts on their staff
- Introduction to Business Analysis and the role of the Business Analyst
- Business Analyst Competencies
- Introduction to Strategy Analysis – how to identify a project
- Describe three major project development methodologies and how they affect project requirements: Waterfall, Rolling wave and Spiral ; understand Agile Methodologies ; compare the different development models
- Effective customer-development partnership
- Determine each participant’s communications style (BEST profile) and how that understanding can help in eliciting requirements
- Create the project scope, a high-level view of the project and critical success factors
- Elicit and document requirements using the following techniques: interviews ; collaborative sessions; prototyping ; business Rules Modeling ; use case basics ; using the Work Breakdown Structure ; business process analysis
- Fundamentals of Process Modeling
- Prioritizing requirements and requirements challenges
- Documenting requirements
- Requirements validation through Data Modeling
- Managing requirements
- Solution validation, Testing fundamentals and quality assurance
- Solution performance after implementation
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page