Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Business Process Modeling
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis is an experiential, hands-on course designed to provide key fundamental concepts of Business Process Modeling. This Business Process Modeling course provides an initial foundation of knowledge, which prepares the student for advanced Business Process Modeling topics.
This course includes discussions on the value of modeling systems, the process of building models, Business Process Modeling Business Process Modeling Notation, Context Diagramming, Functional Decomposition with data flow modeling, and model verification and validation. This course is a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises.
This course is endorsed by the IIBA® and offers 19.5 CDU credits.
- Recognize Basic Business Process Modeling Notation
- Utilize Context, Functional Decomposition, and Data Flow diagramming techniques
- Construct models with the appropriate components and rigor
- Employ models to analyze changes in business processes and data requirements for application development
- Create well-constructed models
- Business Analysts
- Systems Analysts
- Project Managers
- BACS-105 Business Requirements Workshop or equivalent knowledge
- At least one year of experience in gathering and documenting user requirements
- Explain What Is Business Modeling
- Know the Key Differences Between BPMN and UML Standards
- Discuss the Advantages of Business Modeling
- Business process modeling Methods
- Discovery, Analysis, Design, Validation, and Implementation
- Modeling types
- Definition of a business area
- Importance of the BPMN standards
- Business Process Modeling Standards
- Flow Objects
- Connecting Objects
- Describe the purpose of a Context Level Data Flow Diagram
- List the symbols used in a Context Level Data Flow Diagram and describe their meaning
- Complete a Context Level Data Flow Diagram based on a description of a business area
- Learn the essentials of functional decomposition
- Create functional decomposition business process diagrams
- Learn how to do Level 0 through level 2 diagrams
- Alternative Process Flows
- Learn the steps in building BPMs
- Create activities
- Discuss agile modeling techniques
- Learn the basics of data flow decomposition
- Validate business process models
- Complete a Functional Decomposition Diagram using a number of different approaches or a combination of approaches
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches to functional decomposition
- Document detailed descriptions of business processes
- Utilize a Functional Decomposition Diagram for a number of different analysis objectives
- Use a number of techniques to check your models for accuracy and completeness
- Describe the difference between internal verification and external validation
- List different methods of completing verification and validation
- List errors to check for in performing internal verification of a model
- Use different techniques for presenting a model
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page