Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Business Analysis Foundations
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis Business Analysis course is designed to provide key fundamental concepts of Business Analysis. The role of the business analyst has evolved into that of a business liaison between the non-technical user community and the technical solution providers. This course provides introductory coverage of the knowledge and skills essential to business analysts today and the foreseeable future. Participants will gain a fundamental understanding of business analysis, elicitation techniques, communications and business modeling skills.
This course aligns with BABOK v3.0. This course is endorsed by the IIBA® and offers 16 CDU credits | 16 PDU’s from PMI .
- Understand the fundamentals of business analysis
- The Business Analyst role
- Best practices described in the A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®)
- Understanding processes, projects, the Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and the requirements’ model
- Discuss how requirements errors impact project success and failure
- Communications for the Business Analyst
- Learn key elements to a Solution Development Life Cycle
- Defining the project’s goal, scope and real business need
- Identify Project Stakeholders, constraints, and benefits
- Documenting the requirements in the initiation phase
- Eliciting Functional and Non-functional Requirements
- Challenges with requirements elicitation
- Techniques for eliciting customer requirements
- Modeling processes, analyzing gaps, and generating questions
- Analyzing and reviewing documents and artifacts
- Requirements verification and validation techniques
- New business analysts or those that are preparing to become a business analyst.
- Business customers, users, project managers, systems architects and developers that are responsible for understanding business needs and would like to upgrade their business analysis skills.
- Business Analyst Role
- IIBA Knowledge areas
- Solution Development Life Cycle
- Project Success/Failure Lessons
- Strategy Analysis
- Meetings, Presentations, Documentation
- Communication Styles
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Documentation Strategy
- Requirements Planning
- Requirements Elicitation Techniques
- Use Cases Modeling
- Collaborative Workshops
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Business Process Analysis
- Requirements Document
- Requirements Verification
- Fundamentals of Testing
- Practical Application Sessions
- Assess your BA practices
- Create a project charter
- Conduct a project with limited communications
- Determine your own Communication Style
- Interview a project sponsor and build a product
- Perform a document analysis
- Create a Business Process model
- Develop a high-level Requirements Document
- Create an agenda for a requirements review session
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page