Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Advanced System Operator Workshop for IBM i
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is designed to enhance the skills of an IBM i System Operator. This course explains the concept of how LPAR works and discusses the functions provided by the HMC. We will discuss the IBM i Access Family of products in general and Access Client Solutions, specifically. We will discuss the different types of security that you can implement in order to control who has access to your data and what they can do with that data if they are allowed to access. We will discuss security control via system values, user and group profiles, authorization lists, and adopted authority. This course will help you develop additional skills in the areas of work management and how to create a basic CL program. In the area of CL programming, we discuss concepts of programming, then how to create a basic CL program using the traditional application development tools PDM and SEU. Then, you will learn how to use the GUI tools in RDP (RSE and LPEX). You will also learn the steps to create a menu using SDA. You will learn some tips that you can use to help improve your IBM i operations. We will also discuss how you can use Management Central as a tool to manage a single system or a network of TCP/IP connected Power Systems with IBM i.
- Explain the concept of how LPAR works
- Explain the functions served by the HMC
- Explain how user versus resource security are implemented
- Explain the difference between group profiles and authorization lists
- Describe how adopted authority works
- Describe how work is managed on the system and the concepts of the performance tuning process on the system
- Explain how Management Central can be used to manage a single system or a network of System i servers
- Perform the steps to create a basic CL program using both the traditional (PDM and SEU) and the newer GUI (RSE and LPEX) application development tools
- Perform the steps to create a menu using SDA
- Provide some tips on how you can improve your operations
This advanced course is designed for those individuals who are responsible for operating and managing the operation of an IBM i system.
- Perform basic system operations such as starting and stopping the system; sending and receiving messages; saving and restoring objects, libraries, and user profiles; and executing CL commands
- Describe an interactive job and a batch job
- Use help facilities
- Describe basic security concepts
- Monitor devices
- Initiate problem determination
You should be able to:
- LPAR concepts and overview
- Console options and HMC overview
- IASP concepts and overview
- Security concepts and overview
- System values
- User security (user and group profiles)
- Resource security
- Authorization lists and adopted authority
- Management Central overview
- Commands and tasks using Management Central
- Inventory using Management Central
- System values using Management Central
- Other Management Central functions
- Work management: Concepts and overview
- Work management: Subsystem concepts and overview
- Work management: Job processing concepts and interactive jobs
- Work management: Job processing concepts of other job types
- Work management: Submitting and tracking of batch jobs
- Programming concepts
- CL programming concepts
- Using PDM and SEU to create a CL program
- Starting and setting up RSE
- Creating a CL program using RSE and LPEX Editor
- Creating a menu using SDA
- Tips for improved operation
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM i Badge Program →
- Duration: 32 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,260.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page