Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
PowerHA SystemMirror 7 Planning, Implementation, Customization and Basic Administration
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is designed to prepare students to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror.
- Explain what high availability is
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA SystemMirror
- Design and plan a highly available PowerHA cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA SystemMirror in the following modes of operation:
- Single resource group on a primary node with standby node (active/passive)
- Two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration (active/active)
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery
This course is the first in the PowerHA 7 curriculum. The following courses can be taken after this course is completed:
- PowerHA 7 Advanced Configurations (AN62G)
The audience for this advanced course is students who are experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX Logical Volume Manager (LVM) experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 and later cluster on an IBM Power Systems server running AIX V6.1 or later. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 7.1 TL2 level system.
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12G)
You should be AIX system administrator and have TCP/IP, LVM storage, and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills are addressed in the following courses or can be obtained through equivalent education and experience:
- Welcome and course introduction
- Unit 1: Introduction to PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 2: Planning and configuring network and storage for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Exercise 1: Lab setup, cluster planning, and exploring fallover
- Exercise 2: Preparing the AIX environment for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 3: Configuring applications for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 4: Configuring a PowerHA SystemMirror cluster
- Exercise 3: Preparing an application for integration with SystemMirror
- Exercise 4: Initial cluster configuration
- Unit 5: Cluster validation and testing
- Unit 6: Basic PowerHA SystemMirror administration
- Exercise 5: Cluster validation and testing
- Exercise 6: Extending the configuration
- Unit 7: Events
- Unit 8: Basic troubleshooting
- Exercise 7: Events
- Exercise 8: PowerHA SystemMirror problem determination
- Unit 9: PowerHA SystemMirror installation
- Exercise 9: Install and maintain PowerHA SystemMirror
- Open lab
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM PowerHA Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page