Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
CA-Easytrieve Plus Fundamentals
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis course teaches students the basic techniques required to use CA-Easytrieve Plus, an information management and report generator tool.
A series of lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
- Define files to be processed.
- Format a report with titles and footings.
- Use relation logic to accept and reject records for reporting.
- Define working storage fields.
- Perform arithmetic calculations.
- Move data between record fields and work areas.
- Sort data.
- Format numeric data for the report.
- Define control breaks and subtotaling for reports.
- Build and write output data files.
- Perform table searching.
- Use arrays in Easytrieve Plus processing.
- Perform synchronized file processing.
- TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience.
- Basic MVS JCL, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in designing and coding application programs is not required, but will enhance the results of this course.
- Easytrieve Environments
- JCL Requirements
- Basic Statement Syntax
- Easytrieve Program Structure
- Environment Section
- Library Section
- Defining Files
- Defining Fields
- Activity Section
- Report Subactivity
- REPORT Statement Parameters
- TITLE Statement Parameters
- LINE Statement Parameters
- HEADING Statement
- SEQUENCE Statement
- Generating Multiple Reports
- Report Routing
- Generating Label Reports
- Working Storage Fields
- Assignment Statement
- IF Statement
- CASE Statement
- DO WHILE / DO UNTIL Statements
- STOP Statement
- GOTO Statement
- DISPLAY Statement
- Defining Procedures
- PERFORM Statement
- Creating Report Totals
- SUM Statement
- CONTROL Statement
- Creating Control Reports
- Creating and Using Summary Files
- Introduction to Virtual File Manager
- Designating VFM-Managed Files
- COPY Statement
- SORT Statement
- Requesting Controlled I/O
- GET Statement
- STOP Statement
- Defining Output Files
- MOVE Statement
- PUT Statement
- Defining Instream Tables
- Defining External Tables
- SEARCH Statement
- Defining Arrays
- Accessing an Array
- Implementing Synchronized File Processing
- Identifying Duplicate Records in Files
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page