Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Introduction to CA 1
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis course will introduce students to CA 1, the Tape Management System (TMS) from CA Inc. The purpose of CA 1 is explained, and its major functions are reviewed.
- The special CA 1 tape EXPDT/RETPD criteria.
- CA 1 operations.
- CA 1 label processing.
- Online facilities for Tape Management Catalog (TMC) inquiry and update.
- Daily maintenance and reporting.
- Report programs and utilities.
- Miscellaneous special facilities.
- The Vault Management System.
- The first day of this course.
- CA 1 for JCL Users.
- Basic MVS JCL, or equivalent experience.
- Functions of CA 1
- Real Time Processing
- Scope of CA 1 Control
- Datasets Used by CA 1
- Catalog Control
- Catalog Days Control
- Frequency Control
- Cycle Control
- Permanent Retention
- User Control
- Non-Resident Volumes
- End Of Century Expiration Dates In JCL
- End Of Century Expiration Dates In CA 1
- Default Retention
- Abend Retention
- Work Tapes
- CA 1 Start up
- Mount Messages and Operator Responses
- Standard Label Volumes
- No label Volumes
- Bypass Label Processing
- Non CA 1 Volumes
- CA Earl
- VMS Control Statements
- Using Vaulted Tapes
- Scratch Subpool Management
- Auxiliary Disposition
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page