Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Security Guardium Data Protection Foundations
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
IBM Security® Guardium® Data Protection (Guardium) supports a zero trust approach to security. It discovers and classifies sensitive data from across an enterprise, providing real time data activity monitoring and advanced user behavior analytics to help discover unusual activity around sensitive data.
Guardium provides a broad range of data security and protection capabilities that can protect sensitive and regulated data across environments and platforms. This course provides the foundational level processes, procedures, and practices necessary to configure Guardium to monitor and protect sensitive data. Hands-on exercises reinforce the skills learned.
*Note: this course is based upon IBM Security® Guardium® Data Protection v11.4.
- Identify the primary functions of IBM Security Guardium Data Protection
- Apply key Guardium architecture components
- Navigate the Guardium user interface and command line interface
- Manage user access to Guardium
- Build and populate Guardium groups
- Use system settings and data management tools to manage, configure and monitor Guardium resources
- Use database discovery and the Vulnerability Assessment application to perform data security tasks
- Configure policy rules that process the information gathered from database and file servers
- Create queries and reports to examine trends and gather data
- Use Guardium alerts to monitor a data environment
- Use Guardium audit process tools to streamline the compliance process
Database administrators, security administrators, security analysts, security technical architects, and professional services using Guardium.
- Working knowledge of SQL queries for IBM DB2 and other databases
- Working knowledge of NoSQL type databases
- Working knowledge of UNIX commands
- Ability to use a UNIX text editor such as vi
- Familiarity with data protection standards such as HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, and SOX
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
Unit 1: Guardium overview
Unit 2: Guardium architecture
Unit 3: Guardium user interfaces
Unit 4: Access management
Unit 5: Guardium groups
Unit 6: System & data management
Unit 7: Guardium discovery & vulnerability assessment
Unit 8: Policy management
Unit 9: Guardium reporting
Unit 10: Guardium alerts
Unit 11: Audit process automation
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Infosphere Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page