Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Security Guardium (V11) Foundations
Are you getting ready to administer database security policies? Learn how to configure Guardium V11 to discover, classify, analyze, protect, and control access to sensitive data. You will learn to perform vulnerability assessment, and how to monitor data and file activity. This course also teaches you how to create reports, audits, alerts, metrics, and compliance oversight processes.
- Identify the primary functions of IBM Security Guardium
- Apply key Guardium architecture components
- Navigate the Guardium user interface and command line interface
- Manage user access to Guardium
- Build and populate Guardium groups
- Use the administration console to manage Guardium components
- Configure policy rules that process the information gathered from database and file servers
- Use the configuration auditing system, Vulnerability Assessment application, and Database Discovery to perform data security tasks
- Create queries and reports to examine trends and gather data
- Automate compliance workflow processes
- Use file activity monitoring to keep track of the files on your servers
Database administrators, security administrators, security analysts, security technical architects, and professional services using IBM Guardium.
- Working knowledge of SQL queries for IBM DB2 and other databases
- Working knowledge of NoSQL type databases
- Working knowledge of UNIX commands
- Ability to use a UNIX text editor such as vi
- Familiarity with data protection standards such as HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, and SOX
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
Unit 1: Guardium: Overview
Unit 2: Guardium: Architecture
Unit 3: Guardium: User interface
Unit 4: Guardium: Access management
Unit 5: Guardium: Groups
Unit 6: Guardium: System view and data management
Unit 7: Guardium: Policy management
Unit 8: Guardium: Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment, and Discovery
Unit 9: Guardium: Custom queries and reports
Unit 10: Guardium: Compliance workflow automation
Unit 11: Guardium: File activity monitoring
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Infosphere Badge Program →
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 822.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page