Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Advanced Data Preparation Using IBM SPSS Modeler (v18.1.1) SPVC
Contains PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course covers advanced topics to aid in the preparation of data for a successful data science project. You will learn how to use functions, deal with missing values, use advanced field operations, handle sequence data, apply advanced sampling methods, and improve efficiency.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Please refer to course overview
This advanced course is intended for anyone who wants to become familiar with the full range of techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler for data preparation.
• Experience using IBM SPSS Modeler including familiarity with the Modeler environment, creating streams, reading data files, exploring data, setting the unit of analysis, combining datasets, deriving and reclassifying fields, and basic knowledge of modeling.
• Prior completion of the Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Science course is recommended.
1: Using functions to cleanse and enrich data
• Use date functions
• Use conversion functions
• Use string functions
• Use statistical functions
• Use missing value functions
2: Using additional field transformations
• Replace values with the Filler node
• Recode continuous fields with the Binning node
• Change a field’s distribution with the Transform node
3: Working with sequence data
• Use sequence functions
• Count an event across records
• Expand a continuous field into a series of continuous fields with the Restructure node
• Use geospatial and time data with the Space-Time-Boxes node
4: Sampling, partitioning and balancing data
• Draw simple and complex samples with the Sample node
• Create a training set and testing set with the Partition node
• Reduce or boost the number of records with the Balance node
5: Improving efficiency
• Use database scalability by SQL pushback
• Process outliers and missing values with the Data Audit node
• Use the Set Globals node
• Use parameters
• Use looping and conditional execution
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,630.00 USD
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 825.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page