Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
AIX Basics (WBT)
Click to preview our new AIX interactive game!
This course enables you to perform everyday tasks using the AIX operating system in a 100% self-paced environment.
This course contains interactive lessons that focus on skill growth with embedded activities, knowledge checks, and reviews. The course also contains exercises mirroring the instructor-led version and are performed in a simulated environment that does not require connection or access to a live system which provides extreme flexibility in taking the course.
WEB BASED TRAINING (WBT) IS SELF-DIRECTED AND SELF-PACED. Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Web Based Training courses are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Web Based Training course, you will be charged the full price.
Web Based Training courses are sold on a per-user basis. WBT courses provide a training advantage for you and your teams, helping you get up to speed quickly. Take the courses you need, at your convenience and at your own pace.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
To view the lectures and perform the lab simulations for this course, the student workstation must meet the following hardware requirements:
- of 256 MB of memory
- 98 or higher
- card with headset or speakers
- Explorer 5.5 or higher, (but will also work in any flash-enabled browser)
- speed internet (56K bps or higher)
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common AIX commands and manage AIX processes
- Customize the working environment
- Use common AIX utilities
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use the AIXWindows Environment
- Use the Common Desktop Environment
You should be familiar with:
Basic information technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system
- Unit 1 - Introduction to AIX
- Unit 2 - Using the System
- Unit 3 - AIX Documentation
- Unit 4 - Files and Directories
- Unit 5 - Using Files
- Unit 6 - File Permissions
- Unit 7 - The vi Editor
- Unit 8 - Shell Basics
- Unit 9 - Using Shell Variables
- Unit 10 - Processes
- Unit 11 - Controlling Processes
- Unit 12 - Customizing the User Environment
- Unit 13 - AIX Utilities, Part I
- Unit 14 - AIX Utilities, Part II
- Unit 15 - Additional Shell Features
- Unit 16 - The AIX Graphical User Interface
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
- Same in-demand topics as instructor-led public and private classes.
- Standalone learning or supplemental reinforcement.
- IBM SPVC content varies by course but at a minimum always contains a copy of the course materials and 30 day access to labs.
- View the IBM Self-Paced version of this outline and what is included in the SPVC course.
- Learn more about e-Learning
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
IBM Web Based Training courses are sold on a per-user basis. WBT courses provide a training advantage for you and your teams, helping you get up to speed quickly. Take the courses you need, at your convenience and at your own pace.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 12 months to complete your course. Within this 12 months, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
System RequirementsTo participate in this course, the student workstation must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Minimum of 256 MB of memory
- Windows Vista or Windows 7-10 (32-bit or 64-bit edition)
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher or Firefox ESR
- 128-bit encryption
- Citrix Receiver for connection to the IBM Remote Lab Platform
- Access to Internet with at least 128 kbps down and 128 kbps up
- Other platforms/combinations may work but are not officially supported by IBM.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page